sell wax

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have been asked to sell 1.25kg of pure double filtered bees wax that I have spare.. haven't a clue what to say as a fair price. Don't want to be greedy, nor shoot myself in the foot.. have you a ball park figure??
And yes, I have made enough candles etc so it IS spare..

going from memory when this was last discussed on the forum I think good clean wax would be worth £10 - 15 per lb

as I say, just what I can recall when the conversion rate as a trade for foundation in was considered.

Look up on flea bay plenty of the 1oz blocks there, may give you an idea

Fleabay etc indicate £12 per kg which is much less than suggested here..

Just checked theres a quite a few at £1.00-1oz. 35oz to a kg.....

well, it's your wax, sell it for whatever you want!

Incidentally there's also UK beeswax on ebay at £26.00 per kg

its the same as fluctuations in the price people sell their Honey for, it depends on quality and the value you yourself put on it.

Last time I looked at a "tourist trap" on the A9 one ounce skep candles were selling for over £4. So allowing for a mark up of say £2 that is still a stonking price for the wax. £70.40P per kg. Yes please....

PH

have you a ball park figure??
We sell filtered cleaned beeswax 1oz blocks at £1.50 each or 4 for a £5.
No problem selling them...just wish we could ALL our beeswax at that price.

What do people do with 1oz blocks of beeswax? Just asking.

OP, it depends if your customer wants any old beeswax (it will always be cheaper from ebay) or your local, known provenance beeswax.

Thrones sell generic candlemaking beeswax for £8.40 for 500g, i.e. £16.80 / Kg. I'd suggest £20/Kg for yours if provenance is important to the buyer.

Worth as much as honey or even more.... lot of the stuff on fleabuy is imported Chinese or adulterated with microcrystalline to bulk it out... so perhaps not a good indicator of market price of beeswax made by bees here in the UK!

£25 per kilo for clean filtered English beeswax?

Chins da

Like Anduril, I have a colleague who makes moisturiser with it. I suppose provenance matters more when sticking it on your face rather than burning it. Considering the rubbish people put on their face, it turns into a nice moisturiser.

Before keeping bees, I used to buy blocks of beeswax for waxing my sewing threads when doing leathercraft. I still keep a block with my sewing kit as it helps my grip the needle better especially when sewing thick fabric. Also just having it around to sniff every so often as it's so lovely! Haha

Latest posts

Back