Beeswax candle bestsellers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I charge 50p
Are they the shallow tea lights Dani? I did some research on tea light pricing across the internet and concluded for a deep tealight 22ml £1.25-£1.50 , including presenting in mini box or bag so 4 for £5. There’s a lot of work involved producing high quality wax and beeswax candles, so I’ve tended to give as gifts, think educating the benefits vs soy and paraffin is key.

Are you making melts again this year? All my friends loved your calming recipe with aromatherapy oils. It’s my favourite too. How do you price these ?

Hi Elaine. Hadn’t thought about the melts this year. Maybe. I’ve ordered some boxes with a window that should take 6 tealights. I’ll see what they look like first. I have two Christmas fairs in December. It remains to be seen how much money folk have.

What are melts? They sound lovely. J
A mixture of wax and a carrier oil, usually coconut and essential oils for scent. You pop one into an oil burner ( the kind that has a tea light under it) As it melts it releases the scent.

Hi Elaine. Hadn’t thought about the melts this year. Maybe. I’ve ordered some boxes with a window that should take 6 tealights. I’ll see what they look like first. I have two Christmas fairs in December. It remains to be seen how much money folk have.
Yes that’s my thought, how much are people prepared to pay for Xmas presents this year. I popped into my local art shop today and they had some lovely beeswax Xmas tree candles about 3-4 inches high as though snow was on the branches, I’m going to track that mould down.
They were selling for £8. I got into conversation after buying some tea lights holders and asked her mark up expectations. She said she multiples her cost price by 2.3.
So if my maths correct she’s buying in around £3.50 and making a good margin. The beeswax looked quite light, probably been lightened by bleaching rather than using heather cappings!

I’ve put mine into Organza bags but my 23 year old niece says I should consider using glassine bags . Quote “ It is made from a wood pulp, making it 100% paper and thus fully recyclable and biodegradable. Therefore, it comfortably ticks the environmentally friendly requirements of a plastic alternative by having responsible methods of disposal while being manufactured from a renewable resource” Switched on what!

Can you add a link to your tea light boxes pls?

What temperature should the wax be while pouring into silicone moulds ? I am currenty pouring at 70 . Here is a few i made .

Attachments

• 20221113_190605.jpg
    20221113_190605.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
They all seem to burn well with recommended wick sizes but im no expert . I cant believe how

Latest posts

Back