Price for Beeswax

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckydunny

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Was 10
Hi

I have made a small quantity of Beeswax polish -with real turpentine and put into 100ml tins. The contents weigh 35 grams each tin.:)

I did not add any other type of wax or ingredients.

Question:- What do forum members charge for Beeswax polish sales?

Thanks in advance for any replies that will help me set a fair price.not worthy

Never sold it but once bought some from another member in a 'plastic' tin (If you see what I mean!! Adter a few weeks I went to use it and it had melted through the plastic and had ruined the surface it was sat on.... just thought I would throw in this word of caution!!!
E

I was very disappointed when a polish shop opened up near work a few years back - seemed to be just full of foreign food!!!

It's his usual audience, no sense of humour.. and it rolls over to us...

PH

20 years ago I was charging £2-50.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f..._nkw=beeswax+polish&_sacat=See-All-Categories

So approx £4 ish it seems now.

PH

Thanks PH I was thinking of around £4.

When putting weight on label I assume that is intended for contents only and not tin + Label + Wax?

The reason for asking is I cannot understand how people are getting such a "heavy" weight of wax in a 100ml tin??

My Tin, Label @ 39 gram + wax @ 35 gram = total weight 74 gram in 100ml tin.

If you think of honey, the weight on the jar is x grams, which obviously does not include the weight of the jar and lid.

So net weight not gross.

PH

Thanks PH - thought as much but still confused as to how some people can get so much polish in a 100ml tin!!!

Latest posts

Back