Pure Beeswax Polish

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Miriads
I have read all the forum stickies... but I have been asked for PURE Beeswax Polish
I presume beeswax and turpentine in a standard 100g tin, not adulterated with soapflakes, canuba wax, turps substitute or anything.

Tins + labels and +p&p will be about 65p per 100g tin

Turpentine as use by artists seem to be about £8 per 500ml beeswax.. I have buckets of it.......

How much wax to turpentine
Best way to mix
How inflammable or is it flamable?
How much per 100g tin

Your experience would be appreciatednot worthynot worthynot worthy

Last edited:
genuine turps not subtitute turps 5 pound at decorator shops i think it is 4oz of wax to pint of turps NOT 100% and a bit of canuba to harden it melt waxs together on ban marie or double boiler TURN OFF HEAT to mix turps in VERY FLAMABLE stir together and pour in to tins to set and about 3 pound per tin should get about 8-10 tins per mix

sells on ebay for £7 150ml tin LINK

and LIBERON PURE TURPENTINE 500ml for beeswax polish it says LINK

Last edited:
A good pure beeswax polish can indeed and in fact should contain Carnuba as it gives a harder less tacky finish.

I asked at a dulux trade center about pure turps and was assured it was unobtainable these days.

PH

genuine turps not subtitute turps 5 pound at decorator shops i think it is 4oz of wax to pint of turps NOT 100% and a bit of canuba to harden it melt waxs together on ban marie or double boiler TURN OFF HEAT to mix turps in VERY FLAMABLE stir together and pour in to tins to set and about 3 pound per tin should get about 8-10 tins per mix
:iagree:
I think it might be 6oz wax though.
My grandfather used to make it. He also used to make beeswax and lanolin cream for saddles and tack, and its great on dry skin with a few other bits added

Look on eHow, they have a lot of uses for beeswax and great articles on how to do it

poly hive i get mine from a company called borrows trade paints they are a national company they sell it for 5 pound per 500ml i will try to remember the name

poly hive the turps are made by a company called bird brand in thetford i would think there is a website for this company so you can find where they sell it or who sells it hope this is of help to you

the turps are made by a company called bird brand in thetford i would think there is a website for this company so you can find where they sell it or who sells it hope this is of help to you

Same brand of turps as sold by decorating direct,link in post 6.

Latest posts

Back