Pollen Patties

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the paper:
Is that a fair test?

And why

? And why

producing no better yield than.

I looked more closely what they were doing.

At the beginning it is said that it is well known that when bees do not get enough pollen, they start to eate their own larvae to get protein.
Now in this test they want to know, can they feed simply yeast culture to bees and avoid the cannibalization of own larvae.

As far as I understood, bees got white clover pollen from nature at same time.

Their main job was to produce much bees and sell them as package bees. And what is best is to turn yeast to sold bees.
As it was written, they know the old tricks how to use soya, yeast and pollen in feeding.
They have been experienced guys in this job.

This is one example how to use pollen substitute in the environment where pollen is "allways" avaiable.

Last edited:
The brewers yeast is here. The date is all mushed up. ( it smells good, but looks bad). Off to buy some oil as family have used up the one I bought for my bees.

That picture reminds me of something disgusting.

And dogs..

sorry if this has already been discussed previously but following Finmans recipe, what should the consistency be of the final product. Mine seems a lot more sloppy than patties I have seen on YouTube videos.

sorry if this has already been discussed previously but following Finmans recipe, what should the consistency be of the final product. Mine seems a lot more sloppy than patties I have seen on YouTube videos.

What ever is in youtube, patty must be soft not not so soft that it runs onto floor. If patty is hard, bees cannot bite it.

in warm hive it becomes softer than in room temp.

Add soya flour or dry yeast to make it proper.

LOL.
That picture was just the dates. I am worried that the finished product was too runny too, but I'll see what the bees think about it. Someone said it gets a bit more solid in time. I think

If you do not know, what is proper, try different mixtures.

Actually it is hard job to find it out.

Next time I will soak the dates in syrup. This time I added water to the mixture to soak the dates.

Looking at Finmans recipes i am thinking that i may use Amb**sia syrup as it has fructose 37-40% glucose27-30%, surcose30-36% as it should cover the liquid and the above ingredents?

Latest posts

Back