Plant ID.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Co / Durham / Co Cleveland and Northumberland
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
17 nucs....
Does anyone have any idea what these three plants are, the salmon pink one was planted on purpose but the other two have just popped up, we where thinking they have come from the wild bird food but have no idea what they are.
Thanks.
Steve.

13866958_936955229746920_170462483_n_zpsfiif6mte.jpg

13652343_936954889746954_454748677_n_zpsw7ivbx6w.jpg

13874590_936954129747030_2053237295_n_zpsalinvnvm.jpg

13652527_936953963080380_21061634_n_zpsg8gpwh8j.jpg

The tall one in the bottom pictures is something I grow in the garden..but at present I cannot recall its name.

I have a old Nokia phone that does not even have a camera let alone the internet.. lol

best phone going, it will never break.

according to plantnet, they are as follows.

first: alps yarrow, achillea distans waldst.

second: butter and eggs, linaria vulgaris mill

third: slender vervain, verbena rigida spreng.

google images and see if they look similar to what you have in the garden.

Don't think the first one is alps yarrow. Wrong flower and leaf shape. Looks like good old fashioned Phlox to me.

Not sure about 1st, perhaps a verbena?

2, Snap dragon, (Antirrhinum). Toadflax is shorter and more evenly yellow, (been trying to get it to grow in my orchard fir 3 years unsuccessfully!
3, Most certainly Verbena Bonariensis

Last edited:
Not sure about 1st, perhaps a verbena?

2, Snap dragon, (Antirrhinum). Toadflax is shorter and more evenly yellow, (been trying to get it to grow in my orchard fir 3 years unsuccessfully!
3, Most certainly Verbena Bonariensis
I will be going with Toadflax Martin, they is plenty of Antirrhinum of all verities growing around the garden and the leaves on number 2 in my pictures are different, i googled toadflax after it was suggested by Erica and the google images of Toadflax are a exact match.

I will be going with Toadflax Martin, they is plenty of Antirrhinum of all verities growing around the garden and the leaves on number 2 in my pictures are different, i googled toadflax after it was suggested by Erica and the google images of Toadflax are a exact match.

Fancy saving some seed for me?

If they're flying saucer shaped they're Toadflax

More like parsnip seeds?

Case is dick of skin over the nucleus kind of Fried egg?

Have sent PM

Latest posts

Back