Honey Show Savoury Recipe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's more of a game of cooking something with honey and we decide who wins.
As has been indicated, the 2 hours are the exhibition time between presentation and tasting to decide the winner, therefore there are at least three elements that are important:
-1. The sauce should be slightly acidic in its presentation phase.
-2. The main element is lightly cooked, with a smoky or salty touch and served cold so that time tempers the dish.
-3.The accompaniments work against it although toasted bread, cheese and whole fruits can be an acceptable resource.
Yes exactly. Good points

Yes exactly. Good points
I've been trying to imagine a dish British enough for this challenge and the following occurred to me:
-Mackerel and eel fillets with apple and bitter orange jelly as well as oat and chestnut wafers with honey and lemon sauce.

I've been trying to imagine a dish British enough for this challenge and the following occurred to me:
-Mackerel and eel fillets with apple and bitter orange jelly as well as oat and chestnut wafers with honey and lemon sauce.
Presumably the eel would be jellied. I think the only thing you missed out is tripe and onions, with a side of haggis and cockles and whelks. You have a wonderful view of British food...

Presumably the eel would be jellied. I think the only thing you missed out is tripe and onions, with a side of haggis and cockles and whelks. You have a wonderful view of British food...
Perhaps it is because there is a certain resemblance to the Galician one.
I would fillet smoked mackerel or dried eel.
If I had to use fresh eel I would bake at a very low temperature.
The apple and bitter orange jelly is made with the fat of that eel.
Regarding the sauce, mix honey with lemon juice and lemon zest combined with cream and egg.

Latest posts

Back