Pattersons 8oz jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ely

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Just a quick heads up to those who sell 8oz jars. Pattersons hex style are currently on offer.

8oz cost?

How much do people sell a 8oz jar of honey for?

How long are they on sale for? Anyone know? Looks like a good deal, now all I need is honey to fill them later in the year! :)

They seem to bring the same jars and bottles up several times in a year so I am sure they would sell those at sale prices at any time.

For what it's worth I am currently trialing selling 8oz hex jars vs 12 oz hex jars to see if customers have a preference for the size and price.
Despite January not being a busy trading month to base long term sales trends on....to date I have not sold a single 8oz jar, all my buyers have wanted the bigger jars. (Prices are £3.50 and £5...more for heather).
I'd be interested to hear what other peoples experiences in selling different sized jars are.

I've always sold in 8oz hex as the retail price puts less folks off & I think folks often look at a jar of honey first & then the weight. Always sell out.

Yes, I know someone else who does the same and soley sells 8 oz. Previously I've always sold in 12 and want to directly test whether size and price makes a difference.
The financial implications if it doesn't are quite large.

I put only chunk honey and honey that I have in short supply into 8oz jars.
The chunk does OK at Conwy Honey Fair but not really at farmers' market. I won't bother with it this year.
Last spring I had a small early crop that was dark and tasted of butterscotch. I had to ration it so put it in the smaller jars and had folk fighting over it.....but that was the taste, I guess :)
Rest goes in round 12 oz...I think the corner bubbles in hexagonal jars look quite unattractive.

.I think the corner bubbles in hexagonal jars look quite unattractive.

So do I. I just make sure there aren't any. I can't say that it has ever caused me any bottling problems.
What I do like is the way you can pack hexagonal jars,aka bee comb.
The relevance of the shape is often noticed by my customers.

Thanks for starting the thread, just placed my first order with them.
I also ordered my first lot of personalised labels, just need good weather and some honey to fill them now!

Latest posts

Back