Passionate Beekeeper looking for work

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the grandson of an Indian immigrant I can see a lot of scope and value in using labour where it's best needed but equally doubt that any single government prescribed masterplan will ever succeed in the face of increasing political and social pressure from certain quarters. No one with the clout to make it happen is going to front the necessary legislation. In the meantime there's going to be no slowing down of the migration northwards.

I personally have no idea how this can be fixed but I'm always interested in sound reasoning on the subject.

. In the meantime there's going to be no slowing down of the migration northwards.

I personally have no idea how this can be fixed but I'm always interested in sound reasoning on the subject.
I doubt that anyone has any sound ideas how it can be fixed but what we can be certain of is that the problem is getting worse and the plans so far have not worked and I see nothing in the current 'plan' that has any better chance of success.

I pretty much agree with all of this post with the exception of putting the responsibility of supplying housing on the employer, this is something which could lead to a lot of abuses of power. In my younger days I had a few jobs with 'accommodation' lucky for me that I've never had a problem telling an employer where to go but I've seen many, especially when I was travelling on the fairs, who have effectively become institutionalised within a firm. From the other perspective it would soon put yet another burden on the genuine employer.
Worked on Gery Cottles circus for a year.
The tales I could tell.

I doubt that anyone has any sound ideas how it can be fixed but what we can be certain of is that the problem is getting worse and the plans so far have not worked and I see nothing in the current 'plan' that has any better chance of success.
I ended up having to do 3 months agency work a few years ago and you are completely disposable.
Shift work for minimum wage, over 50% from Poland. The management of these companies were appallingly useless.
They don't work harder, they just put up with more **** , poor pay and conditions because they know it's not forever.
Been retired for a year now and my last job was three days a week growing trees, I enjoyed it but we did get young guys who I was twice as fast as and I was not knocking myself out, they usually lasted a day !
Work HAS to pay and right now for a lot of people it does not.

Back