Pass it on

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What no politician says but what is factual is:
1. the electorate is ageing
2. the state pension scheme is funded through current taxation. (a classic ponzi scheme)

This is just changing the subject.
If it is acceptable to lie on an issue like this, you're saying that you are comfortable with a win on any grounds...even a fraudulent one.

Last edited:
When it gets 20 million signatures I may pay attention to it. Until then it's irrelevant.

There is a deeper issue here that I don't think anyone is paying attention to. If the brexit campaigners lied (which they did), is the vote valid? To allow this to happen is to give the green light to others to lie in the future. There should be a penalty for misleading people like this (or am I just being naive?)

Various political parties have frequently have campaigned on items not in their manifesto, or even in their elected remit; even when they have manifesto pledges they don't keep them.

How can you tell when a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.

I did.
I am truly shocked by the attitude of some people who seem to think it is acceptable for politicians to lie to the electorate. This undermines the whole democratic process.

But we all know politicians are liars. It'sup to us to decide how much we are prepared to trust them.

This is just changing the subject.
If it is acceptable to lie on an issue like this, you're saying that you are comfortable with a win on any grounds...even a fraudulent one.

No, that is an essential truth and why we will never stop immigration. If only people understood that, they might have reconsidered their vote, but they'd made their minds up long before the campaign started.

No, that is an essential truth and why we will never stop immigration. If only people understood that, they might have reconsidered their vote, but they'd made their minds up long before the campaign started.

Quite.

An "inconvenient truth"..

All a bit pessimistic on here
When I was young I couldn't wait to leave home get a flat etc
Now kids stay at home till they are in their 30's claiming they can't afford to live independently
That's like staying in the EU because you are too scared to leave home
Don't worry about it it will be fine

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk

Like hell are we happy, after both votes went against the elite the scarmongering started about home bad it was going to be, and the sheep followed with the opposite vote the next time. The same scaremongering is happing in England, 120billion lost from the stock market, I ask who lost that money, some rich dudes, yes the sterling is affected, but that can be turned around by a willing goverment,

some one else mentioned the large amounts of money the fishermen get from the EU, to me thats the biggest joke, England like Ireland are island nations, the money given to fishermen is basically to stop them fishing, surely if Ireland and England took back their seas and ran every other fishing boat out of their waters, it wouldnt take a genius to figure out how much demand from European counties would be on buying our product,

At the moment we in Ireland have a massive housing crisis, we also have a large sum of money on deposit in NAMA that we cannot spend on housing because of EU rules.

I would vote to leave the EU in the morning given the chance.

How do you work that out? a referendum is advisory - not a direct instruction. a second one would just be like asking 'are you sure' (and it's obvious now that people aren't) people seem to have forgotten that the people of the ROI had two referenda on whether to accept the Euro, can't remember there being rioting in the streets at that time - or much turmoil after, in fact they seem to be quite happy about it.

Meath .. the way things are going you will be getting a United Ireland... and Scotland will once again become... and Independent state!

Long shot, but maybe even Kernow will have the pikes out at the Tamar crossings!

Yeghes da

Of course it will, things are going along swimmingly.

Absolutely. Our currency is worth less every day. Prices of imported goods will, therefore, go up. The uncertainty in the financial markets have led to our credit rating being cut, therefore, we will have to pay more to borrow. Interest rates will go up and any variable rate debt we have will cost more.

All we need now is a recession and we'll be completely screwed http://despair.com/collections/demotivators/products/idiocy

Last edited:
Absolutely. Our currency is worth less every day. Prices of imported goods will, therefore, go up. The uncertainty in the financial markets have led to our credit rating being cut, therefore, we will have to pay more to borrow. Interest rates will go up and any variable rate debt we have will cost more.

All we need now is a recession and we'll be completely screwed http://despair.com/collections/demotivators/products/idiocy

Don't despair we will regain the things that made Britain great:

Wooden sailing ships.
Modern Army equipment
No universal suffrage and certainly no vote for women (the Empire went downhill fast after 1928)

And invading savages and overwhelming them with massive military firepower.. like Iraq?

Oh and 50% of world trade.

Simple

Ok so bad result for the England team last night.

Can we play the game again as we didn't get the result we wanted?????

Sure, next championship :)

It's all down to the Welsh now!

OH DEAR!

Good job I don't follow football,
I'm expecting some sore heads at work this afternoon.

What's the population of Iceland & Wales combined?

It's all down to the Welsh now!

OH DEAR!

Good job I don't follow football,
I'm expecting some sore heads at work this afternoon.

Noisy.

Population of Iceland: ... 323,000
Population of Wales: ... 3,063,000
Total: ................. 3,386,000

more people have
signed the petition: ... 3,948,000

we cant afford our country as it is now, let alone add the northern 6 counties, I firmly believe if the north was given a choice to join the south it would be a big fat get the ----, religious devides aside, anyone north of the border would be mad to vote to join the sinking ship that is ROI. I dont know enough about Scotland to comment.

Meath .. the way things are going you will be getting a United Ireland... and Scotland will once again become... and Independent state!

Long shot, but maybe even Kernow will have the pikes out at the Tamar crossings!

Yeghes da

Latest posts

Back