Oxalic Acid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think @Mint Bee was suggesting getting pure OA licenced by the VMD.

James
Trouble is, the pen pushers are aware of OA being used for beekeeping, and have already said that using generic OA is illegal, so yes, the only way would be to make using neat OA 'legal' by VMD licence which would be a real battle I think, and once someone sees there's money to be made from it............
it's back to square one

I've just bought 1kg crystals from APC Pure for £15.85 delivered. You only need to give any company name (which I have) but no other questions asked.
Took me 19 emails and proof of business with receipts before they let me have the oxalic.All sorted now for the next18 months.
Bought 3kg off the bay with no questions asked.

Took me 19 emails and proof of business with receipts before they let me have the oxalic.All sorted now for the next18 months.
Bought 3kg off the bay with no questions asked.
What sort of business did you have to have? Wood related?

pity we don't have a national representative body to fight our corner over important matters such as this
make it look more attractive to get a license for plain old OA
The idea has been examined here for years but the body that ought to have agitated and organised an OA license did the opposite, supported the VMD and the commercial interest to help authorise the clag we have: ApiBioxal (same stuff as Mr Poot bought, no doubt, but with added clag and tick-boxes).

Trouble is, the pen pushers are aware of OA being used for beekeeping, and have already said that using generic OA is illegal, so yes, the only way would be to make using neat OA 'legal' by VMD licence which would be a real battle I think, and once someone sees there's money to be made from it............
it's back to square one
The existing licenced suppliers would scream blue murder if anyone tried to licence generic OA .. plus the VMD are going to throw a wobbly as it would allow anyone to buy generic OA from any source ...

You would have to have some sort of magic beans in it to stand any chance of getting a licence ... and then .. you are probably looking at retail margins/packaging etc. on a par with the existing legal products and that defeats the object of getting a generic product listed ...

Latest posts

Back