Oxalic Acid vaporizer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We bought ours on ebay from latvia for about £43 if i remember correctly works great and well made

Bontbee,

here you are - this is what I have:

http://www.scott-respirators.co.uk/scott-promask-sil-full-face-respirator-98-p.asp

with the following spec filter ( I wanted to filter out Sulphur dioxide and particles as well as oxalic acid fumes ) - I bought the second one - on the last link - x 2

Thank you for your enquiry, please find results as follows:

144-62-7 Oxalic acid P2 or P3, colour code white
7704-34-9 Sulphur Particle filter P2 or P3, colour code white
7446-09-5 Sulphur Dioxide Gas filter E, colour code yellow

So with the information you have given me a CF32 E2 P3 filter would be suitable, as this is quite a specific filter we currently only supply them in boxes of 20 as we have to order them in specially, link to this filter here www.scott-respirators.co.uk/pro-2000-cf32-e2-p3-combined-filter-x2820x29-129-p.asp

So alternatively we have a higher spec ABEK2 P3 filter which will offer you the same protection as the above as well as further protection against a wide range of other acid, organic and inorganic, these work out at £14.17 each +VAT, although £3.17 +VAT more expensive we do stock these in singles so you can buy as many or little as you require. www.scott-respirators.co.uk/pro-2000-cf32-a2b2e2k2-p3-combined-filter-133-p.asp

Last edited:
Having witnessed a slow painful death from inadvertant acid fumes inhalation several years ago whilst working as a junior medic , I have resolved to take great care of my nice healthy pink lungs.
Anyone you promotes a "Devil may care" attitude with respect to oxalic acid sublimation is not only irresponsible but a right tw*t.

Anyone you promotes a "Devil may care" attitude with respect to oxalic acid sublimation is not only irresponsible but a right tw*t.

:iagree:

That's why the new fashion for 'fuller' beards is great - SWMBO has now allowed me for once to grow mine out so I can stuff the end into my mouth and up my nostrils - job done! :D

Thanks for the info, Goodwood. Apologies for the tardiness in getting back to you - I haven't been around here since my request. Ta.

We bought ours on ebay from latvia for about £43 if i remember correctly works great and well made

Home made from a piece of copper busbar and a glowplug. Need to trim the grubscrew a bit. Cost £9 for the glowplug.

Attachments

• IMG_00000222.jpg
    IMG_00000222.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 50
Back