Oxalic acid treatment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies, I'm totally confused and think I will order apibioxal , guess what I bought isn't approved
Well ... it's the only LEGAL treatment that contains OA for use in killing varroa but ... people have been illegally using OA as a trickle treatment for decades using the recipe above .. Post #2.

So - it's not that confusing ... you can either follow the recipe and treat your bees illegally and successfully or you can order Apibioxal at a significant cost and follow the recipe on the packet and treat your bees with a legal product.

Out of interest, does anyone know if it is legal to use in the UK, and import into the UK, Api-Bioxal bought in the USA?

It’s “only” $27 for a 175g pack, compared to £45-£50 here. I visit occasionally and have family there so could save some cash.

Also, it appears approved for use with supers on in the US, anyone any ideas if the same will apply in the UK at any point? US supplemental labelling

Simon

Yes it's legal ... you can import as much as you like - and use it here - it's the same product as sold in the UK. Whether or not the use with supers in place ? Can't remember what the instructions say on the UK packaging ...

Out of interest, does anyone know if it is legal to use in the UK, and import into the UK, Api-Bioxal bought in the USA?

It’s “only” $27 for a 175g pack, compared to £45-£50 here. I visit occasionally and have family there so could save some cash.

Also, it appears approved for use with supers on in the US, anyone any ideas if the same will apply in the UK at any point? US supplemental labelling

Simon
Don't think we are allowed to vape with supers on unless your stood next to your hives and have one in your mouth.

Crack on with getting your supply from the US buy in bulk you could sell it on?

Simon
While you’re there get some decent square plastic cut comb containers. Bring a suitcase back and put me first on the list for a few. 😁

Can't remember what the instructions say on the UK packaging
UK SPC (Statement of Product Characteristics) states "Do not use in colonies with supers or during honey flow."
Simon

Yes it's legal ... you can import as much as you like - and use it here - it's the same product as sold in the UK. Whether or not the use with supers in place ? Can't remember what the instructions say on the UK packaging ...
well........whilst it may be identical, it not the material approved in EU and UK. Packaging is different so technically to use the imported Api-Bioxal one would need additional country specific SmPCs and labels,
with approval from each countries competent authority (VMD for UK) :ROFLMAO: Them's the rules, I used to do this for cancer medicines that were in short supply across US and EU. Once labelled up its a pain to move drugs to a different territory even if the ingredient and formulation are the same.
I also wouldn't recommend shipping packets of white powder in personal luggage, even if labelled as OA. expect some special attention if its found :oops:

I also wouldn't recommend shipping packets of white powder in personal luggage, even if labelled as OA. expect some special attention if its found :oops:
And for our sake - make sure you're wearing clean pants and vest.

Thanks for the replies, I'm totally confused and think I will order apibioxal , guess what I bought isn't approved
Bleaching the wood in your hive using OA solution or vapour is perfectly fine. Just so long as it's definitely for that purpose and you're not using generic OA as a treatment for your bees. ;)

Bleaching the wood in your hive using OA solution or vapour is perfectly fine. Just so long as it's definitely for that purpose and you're not using generic OA as a treatment for your bees. ;)

You will be in prison the rest of your life.

This forum is ridiculous. I am really tired to these bleaching stories after 20 years

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back