Oxalic Acid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatever - the fact is, Oxalic acid (not rhubarb) is toxic and has been recognised as such by the powers that be, and it's toxicity is such that it warrants being listed on the poisons list in the same section as arsenic, cyanide and mercury. So nick Lang's assertion that OA is not toxic is untrue and dangerously misleading
It depends on the dose. Even water is toxic if you drink excess.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/243...ic acid is a,the oxalate content by leaching.

We're about to sublimate OA soon [per David the apiarist advice] but I am aware, from dealing with rather crazy nuclear scientists, that inhalation is very different from ingestion. I believe inhalation of oxalic acid vpaour or sublimate is the main problem?
Even the slightest whiff of oxalic acid vapour (possibly measured in micrograms per cubic meters of air) will cause instant involuntary reaction and seeking of fresh air. Believe me it won't be the problem claimed unless you are restrained in some way. Use of masks and PPE has been done to death in discussion every time OA treatment is mentioned.

Latest posts

Back