Oxalic acid solution

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuporter

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi, I've always bought oxalic acid in a ready made solution, but I'm struggling to find where to purchase it from this year. I don't fancy mixing it myself, but most shops just sell crystals. On eBay the 5 % solution is mixed with water - not syrup. I've got 3 hives, so only need 150ml. Any advice on where to buy it would be appreciated. Thanks. Nuala

The ready mix stuff is now 'illegal' the only authorised oxalic mite treatment now is apibioxial

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Or from next year, when they translate the instructions to english the european product Oxuvar, thats is a solution of oxalic dihydrate in water that you add sugar to and add more water, seem rarther like what the OP was going to do

Last edited:
Wynne Jones sell Oxalic in syrup (500ml) or the crystals with easy instructions for mixing yourself.

Thanks so much- have ordered some. The bottle of solution I have bought does 12 hives - I've only got 3, so if anyone wants the rest and can collect from Southampton - please let me know. Nuala

Latest posts

Back