OSR going over!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbeeneil

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 plus 23 that I maintain for clients.
I traveled up the A286 between Haslemere and Milford today and saw a field of rape that was bright yellow last Tuesday is now devoid of any petals. I'd better keep an eye on the field my bees are on.............

Snap! I got such a shock yesterday. Visited my bees on Wednesday. The surrounding fields were blindingly yellow. Yesterday afternoon I couldn't believe it. Straggles of yellow and the field had reverted to green. I'd had a bit of a "feeling" so went prepared and brought a couple of supers home. Mightily impressed with the "apiarist" warming cabinet - it really kept things cozy till I got dinner out of the way then cranked up the extractor. So far so good. Great extraction and water content sitting below 18%. Today's going to be busy!

I traveled up the A286 between Haslemere and Milford today and saw a field of rape that was bright yellow last Tuesday is now devoid of any petals. I'd better keep an eye on the field my bees are on.............
Thanks for the tip, Neil. I'd better get down there with the extractor.

Thanks for the tip, Neil. I'd better get down there with the extractor.
I haven't seen the ones at Losely Eric but I was stunned that the ones at Brook had turned so quickly.

Similar here in SE Worcestershire. Hawthorn, horse chestnut and last of apple still giving a good flow though.

Got to say the Holy around me looks great this year and a good flow on atm.
Same here all that rain we’ve had has helped the clover looks good to .
Bloody blowing a hoola up here this evening.

Back