Organic Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

If some of the land near my hives has soil association certs, I wonder if I can sell my honey as "A blend of Organic and non Organic honey"?

Or to be relay misleading, put "Contains Organic Honey" on the label!

Thanks guys.

If some of the land near my hives has soil association certs, I wonder if I can sell my honey as "A blend of Organic and non Organic honey"?
Anybody could do that. My garden is organic, as are my fields. I knows it coz I grows it.
Or to be relay misleading, put "Contains Organic Honey" on the label!

Guys this is not uk honey it meets the requirements for organic. Am I missing the issue.😂
How easy is it to believe the claim that the honey is organic?
Does the Soil Association give accreditation to apiaries all over the world? Honey from how many apiaries go into the tank that a jar is drawn from?
I don't doubt that it's pure honey. I do have some doubts that it's purely organic as we understand the word to mean.

Look the organic beekeeping rules of UK and it is not the soil which makes honey organic
Yes I think itld looked into it for some of his areas, it’s also! the management.

It's probably a bit like Fairtrade Accreditation. Only a percentage needs to be Fairtrade to get the accreditation.

I've been wondering about 'Organic Farm' honey! :D
The farm might be, can't be definite about the honey!

I've been wondering about 'Organic Farm' honey! :D
The farm might be, can't be definite about the honey!
If the name of the farm is Organic Farm I'm sure you would be fine 😀 If not I think you are on dodgy ground.
It might be worth changing the name of the farm for the extra price you could achieve 😂

If the name of the farm is Organic Farm I'm sure you would be fine 😀 If not I think you are on dodgy ground.
It might be worth changing the name of the farm for the extra price you could achieve 😂
Orgasmic farm could be more entertaining.

So, for example, Berty's Organic Farm Honey.

Yes I think itld looked into it for some of his areas, it’s also! the management.
And also where you are, being close to a main road for example, having industrial works close by. @ericbeaumont Eric can you remember sending me details of this I can't find the post and details you sent me? It was very Informative and I wish I could find it. :(

The word organic is a protected word for honey ... Unless your name was Mr Organic you would have a hard time justifying it on your label ... and I'm not even sure that would wash .....
However, the location or address needs to be printed, so Pure Honey, Berty's Organic Farm must be a goer, mustn't it? :D

Who knows .. the Soil Association is the keeper of the organic status and they are very fussy... might ask them ?
I seem to be struggling on that front. as I am not a member and not accredited.
Using the generic contact has given no reply.
I will speak to the farmer, who is accredited. :)
(She's not called Berty, btw. ;) :) )

Latest posts

Back