Organic Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobba

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
My bees are on a very large organic farm. I’ve asked about organic certification but I can not guarantee they have been foraging in gardens or travelling off the farm onto non organic land. Labelling is complete mine field if you get it wrong.

https://rangeplus.com/products/rows...ping&msclkid=0ee6d43903821d30ab6fb534b8e29126
I sure I had heard that we dont have any block of organically certified land in the UK big enough to keep bees on and produce organic honey - but I could be wrong, or that info could be outdated.

But I know little about organic certification!

Does anyone know how they got it certified?

Is it maybe produced overseas?
Probably from Poland, they have large tracts of land there that they can 'claim' to be organic.

Next time I shop I'll check the back label for provenance data. I'd be surprised if their honey can be labelled as UK produced.

Next time I shop I'll check the back label for provenance data. I'd be surprised if their honey can be labelled as UK produced.
It won’t be it’ll be foreign.

"Sourced from apairies accredited by the Soil Association " so surely cannot be non UK honey?

"Sourced from apairies accredited by the Soil Association " so surely cannot be non UK honey?
You would think so, but.......
  • Search for a licensee
    If you would like to find out if a particular farm or company holds a licence with Soil Association Certification you can do so here, using our online search facility, or contact us for more information on 0117 914 2411.

Guys this is not uk honey it meets the requirements for organic. Am I missing the issue.😂

Rowse honey. Number of employees 100.
Quite a company.

Valeo foods owns the company. Number of workers 4500.

Last edited:
You would think so, but.......
  • Search for a licensee
    If you would like to find out if a particular farm or company holds a licence with Soil Association Certification you can do so here, using our online search facility, or contact us for more information on 0117 914 2411.
The search for licences for outside EU doesn't seem to work.
However, Rowse have two SA licences but what they actually refer to is not forthcoming as far as I can determine.

Thanks guys.

Seems I am not the only one with unanswered questions.

:banghead:Are there some people with a lot of time on their hands atm

As far as I know, there is nowhere in the UK that can produce organic honey.

8(1) Businesses across the world can become certified to the Soil Association standards. ... Additionally, Soil Association Certification is accredited by IOAS (International Organic Accreditation Service) and authorised to offer organic certification in specific countries outside the EU for certain types of products

Valeo food delivers products to 100 countries. Why not organic honey to the UK?

Rowse honey sells manuka honey too in the UK.

If you look Amazon.uk, you see much organic raw honey there.

Last edited:
As far as I know, there is nowhere in the UK that can produce organic honey.

8(1) Businesses across the world can become certified to the Soil Association standards. ... Additionally, Soil Association Certification is accredited by IOAS (International Organic Accreditation Service) and authorised to offer organic certification in specific countries outside the EU for certain types of products
Going back to my previous post it’s NOT A UK HONEY :banghead: :banghead: And they themselves do not need soil association certs if they are selling on a certified honey. There not the producers! There packers…Come on folks get out more😉

Latest posts

Back