Anaphylactic shock

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously haven't read the whole thread in your haste to appear authoritative .
Pity it just doesn't work with me :D
VM

Victor,

Can I ask;
how you came to be in possession of your much cherished epipen,
and exactly how old it is? :eek:

I started this thread and it became a sticky purely to advise and inform, what desicions you make because of it is up to you. Personaly i think it has become a right slanging match about epi pens and there use and obtaining. none of which this thread was started for.

all i wanted to do was to imform people about bee stings and some where along the lines we have missed the POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

can we please either burn all this dribble from the end of the sticky part or just lock it off

or maybe even behave like grown adults and wind our necks in and have a sencible conversation

Victor,

Can I ask;
how you came to be in possession of your much cherished epipen,
and exactly how old it is? :eek:

For what it's worth ,from my gp . on a repeat ! the script is renewed annually , It isn't subjected to high temperatures ! the clear phial is inspected for signs of opacity ( an indication that the pen hasn't been kept in optimum conditions !)
I am conversant with the literature provided and check the Epipen website for any updates !
One can be 'Lay' and 'Learned'
Take the type one diabetic ; he/she self administers insulin,adjusts dosage to suit food intake /work output without a 'Doctor ' sitting by his/her elbow!
Insulin is a powerful hormone capable of causing death but used by a couple of million 'instructed' lay people daily in the UK .
VM

I started this thread and it became a sticky purely to advise and inform, what desicions you make because of it is up to you. Personaly i think it has become a right slanging match about epi pens and there use and obtaining. none of which this thread was started for.

all i wanted to do was to imform people about bee stings and some where along the lines we have missed the POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

can we please either burn all this dribble from the end of the sticky part or just lock it off

or maybe even behave like grown adults and wind our necks in and have a sencible conversation
Sorry Pete our posts crossed .
Enough said , over to you :driving: :)
VM

I don't get it ? I had an epi subscribed to me by my doctor as I told him that I keep bees and concerned about multiple bee stings. I have an emergency first aid certificate and I will strive to preserve life and If I see someone struggling for their life and the ambulance it too far away I will use it, Who would turn their backs !!!

I don't get it ? I had an epi subscribed to me by my doctor as I told him that I keep bees and concerned about multiple bee stings. I have an emergency first aid certificate and I will strive to preserve life and If I see someone struggling for their life and the ambulance it too far away I will use it, Who would turn their backs !!!

I keep an extensive First aid kit and have a background of first aid training and "real life practice" in the military.
Thinking it might be wise to include an epipen in my first aid kit, I asked a friend of mine (who is is a Pharmacist), how/where could I get one?

The reply was; if you are not allergic, on no account should anybody have one especially to use on someone else they can be deadly!

I would also question how, those who have them have gained possession without making somesort of fraudulent claim to their GP!
Especially if signing the rear of a prescription as if they were needing the drug for use on themselves!

Don't get me wrong on this. AS needs to be treated with some urgency but by those trained to do so, not by an over eager boyscout with a new toy.
Call 999 and get the suspected AS sufferer to relax. Administer first aid whilst waiting for the ambulance. Do not compound the situation by letting your enthusiasm to use your illgotten epipen takeover.

Enough is enough !
Your resort to insult after insult toward all who disagree with your view point is quite frankly Pathetic Your use of shouting /garish text colouring will neither win you any friends nor strengthen your position .
I thought I had finished with this topic but can't let your libellous suggestions go unanswered !
Do not insult my intelligence! do not infer my obtaining an Epipen was the result of fraudulent means .
All is above board .
I do not hurl insult at you !
My case is simply .
If I came across a fellow beekeeper / novice displaying the symptoms of anaphylaxia with medical help too far away (most out apiaries are off the beaten track) I would deploy the Epipen if he/she was fading in front of my eyes and ring 999 immediately AS INSTRUCTED BY THE MANUFACTURERS OF THE SAID PEN.
This is my case , I well know yours .
I am not a mass murderer nor boy scout !
I understand that the Epipen isn't a toy and to be used when no alternative is available !
I hope your last lurid description of people prepared to go the extra mile is your last ?
Finally don't mistakenly assume that you alone had the franchise on both brain power and reasoning !
VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back