Treatment for bee stings

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luminos

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Less than 100. Er, 6, actually...
From a French website (translated), note particularly point 2! :eek:

Q WHAT IS A BITE?

To defend themselves from aggression, the bee will arch his abdomen and penetrate the skin with its stinger. Unlike the sting of the bee compared to that of the wasp is its form, that of the bee is bristling while that of the wasp is smooth, and penetrating the skin tissue can be removed. After the departure of the bee and the first minute, it is assumed that 90% of the venom spread. The venom contains a substance called melittin that attacks cells and histamines that cause allergic reactions.

P FIRST SYMPTOMS

The first is acute pain followed by other symptoms such as redness, swelling, warmth, itching. If these symptoms remain localized, there is no need to worry, the pain will quickly subside and signs disappear within one to three days. These symptoms are more persistent when the person is not stuck frequently!

G TESTES REQUIRED TO FIRST Hymenoptera (bees, wasps)

1. Identify the stinging insect (bees leave the stinger in the skin).

2. Put the tip of a burning cigarette to 1 or 2 cm from the point of injection to maintain a temperature of 60 ° C for several minutes.

3. Remove the stinger with a suction venom, do not pass on the stinger with fingers or tweezers when you push all the venom under the skin. Spend a knife blade flat on the skin and lead and the stinger out.

4. Disinfect and put an ointment containing cortisone.

5. Give an antihistamine.

6. Monitor and, when in doubt, consult the nearest doctor.

7. An oral corticosteroid may be useful in case of large local reaction the next day.

8. If symptoms (generalized urticaria, difficulty breathing, fatigue, anxiety), call the emergency outpatient facilities (UAS): 15 to 112 phone and the laptop. In any event, and when in doubt we strongly recommend that you consult a doctor.

CONTENTS OF A FIRST AID KIT

The minimum composition of a first aid kit should include: cigarettes and matches, a pair (type tweezers) of good quality, a tube of topical steroids, oral antihistamines H1, an oral corticosteroid, a disinfectant, small dressings, a knife to extract the sting of a flat skin.

From a French website (translated), note particularly point 2! :eek:

These symptoms are more persistent when the person is not stuck frequently!

Presumably this beeks gets his head inside the hive and can't get it back out :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Does anybody on the forum rub honey onto a bee sting. (After the sting has been removed)

Personally, I find the best antidote to be a good quality Armagnac (about half a bottle,taken internally). Works well for me, anyway.

2. Put the tip of a burning cigarette to 1 or 2 cm from the point of injection to maintain a temperature of 60 ° C for several minutes.

CONTENTS OF A FIRST AID KIT

The minimum composition of a first aid kit should include: cigarettes and matches, a pair (type tweezers) of good quality, a tube of topical steroids, oral antihistamines H1, an oral corticosteroid, a disinfectant, small dressings, a knife to extract the sting of a flat skin.
Bugger - have to take up smoking again in that case as its for the good of my health! :sifone:

Blue bags anyone ?

Blue bags anyone ?

Anyone below a certain age will have no idea what a "blue bag" (dolly blue in my part of Cumbria) is! Certainly that was the recommended treatment when I was a child with Vinegar for a was sting.

Anyone below a certain age will have no idea what a "blue bag" (dolly blue in my part of Cumbria) is! Certainly that was the recommended treatment when I was a child with Vinegar for a was sting.

bugger! I must be above 'that certain age' LOL

Called "Dolly Blue" because you used in you "Dolly Tub" using your "Poss Stick" or if you were more up market a "Dolly".

Translation.

Dolly Tub - a form of galvanised barrel recognised by the "flutes or small corrugations up the side. The for runner of the washing machine.

Dolly - a round of wood with 3 downward pointing pieces of wood (a bit like a small milking stool. From this a handle rose upwards to a T piece. The dolly was used in the dolly tub to agitate the washing by alternately pushing your arms forward. (Hope that makes sense)

Poss Stick - a cudgel like stick used to stir and agitate the washing instead of a dolly.

I am afraid to say I remember them being used on wash day.

Don't forget the good old washboard.

The bees still go through the motions of using it outside the hive!

Latest posts

Back