Nice day for Mating

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David G

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
1 small
Nice sunny calm morning in Newhaven Sussex.

Lots of activity around the entrance of my hive this morning I think the queen will be out looking for a mate this morning.

Dave :)

are you sure they aren't robbing? it's a bit early for too much activity. are your treating? because this can cause the bees to come out the front of the hive too. regards Jean

HI Jean
No I am sure they are not robbing just walking about the front of the hive and I have not treated for anything only had bees a week or so.

Thanks for the reply

Dave

Ok, good luck with them. so have you got a virgin in there? Getting a bit late now for matings although i've got plenty of drones still around. I was surprise your answer came through to my own email address, how did that happen? regards Jean

HI Jean

I don't know how that happened with the email address!!

Yes you are right it is a virgin queen she came out the other day and I found here on the lawn and not knowing any better popped her back in the hive!!!

Now I have had a few replies to my earlier post I am hoping she may be lucky there are a couple of settled days of weather forecast so here's hoping fingers crossed and all that.

Dave

Nose Ma

I have seen one coming out of my hive so they must still be active, please pass on my postcode to your drones and I will explain who is visiting this end.

There was loads of activity this morning around the hive entrance now it is all back to normal, oh just seen another drone go in maybe the queen prefers it indoors??:confused:

Dave

Nose Ma

I have seen one coming out of my hive so they must still be active, please pass on my postcode to your drones and I will explain who is visiting this end.

There was loads of activity this morning around the hive entrance now it is all back to normal, oh just seen another drone go in maybe the queen prefers it indoors??:confused:

Dave

I fear indoors is unlikely. Did you watch all day? Is it possible she's been and done the deed without you noticing?

I have had a word with the lads on your behalf.

Prediction is for a settled end to August and a unusually hot and sunny September following into the whole of October and tailing off into November followed by another winter of discontent, whirlwinds, force 10 gales, storms, unprepared for snow with blizzard conditions at minus 15, bringing the Midlands to a 6 week standstill, during the thaw flooding of the Thames valley area do to the Thames barrier failing afrer having been attacked by terrorists and unpredicted tidal surges caused by underwater land slip off the Portugese Sea Bight.

All in all I hope your queen has got out and mated !

Gosh after reading all that o think I need to go out and mate

Dave

Prediction is for a settled end to August and a unusually hot and sunny September following into the whole of October and tailing off into November followed by another winter of discontent, whirlwinds, force 10 gales, storms, unprepared for snow with blizzard conditions at minus 15, bringing the Midlands to a 6 week standstill, during the thaw flooding of the Thames valley area do to the Thames barrier failing afrer having been attacked by terrorists and unpredicted tidal surges caused by underwater land slip off the Portugese Sea Bight.

All in all I hope your queen has got out and mated !

Your prediction or the other liars?

Latest posts

Back