Newbee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard28

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Started beekeeping this year with practical classes with the local association. Bought a hive with the intention of my first colony next year. However I was offered a swarm in June so too good an opportunity to miss. Now going into my first winter, hope they survive it. I’ve set up in the corner of a local farmer’s field with enough room for a second hive. By the coast in Cumbria so relatively mild, but wet and windy!!

Attachments

• 71492B13-8B67-4EDB-82BD-4C9A9B01223D.jpeg
    71492B13-8B67-4EDB-82BD-4C9A9B01223D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 14A22FDC-E96C-42F3-8E30-46DE77D1CDBC.jpeg
    14A22FDC-E96C-42F3-8E30-46DE77D1CDBC.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Welcome. Feel free to ask questions. Don't forget to feed, treat and remove any queen excluders!

Started beekeeping this year with practical classes with the local association. Bought a hive with the intention of my first colony next year. However I was offered a swarm in June so too good an opportunity to miss. Now going into my first winter, hope they survive it. I’ve set up in the corner of a local farmer’s field with enough room for a second hive. By the coast in Cumbria so relatively mild, but wet and windy!!
Nice setup Richard 👍. I’m in Cumbria too

Welcome to the forum Richard. Enjoy your bees.

Enjoy your beekeeping and now is the time to strap or weigh down your hive for the winter. We know all about the wind up here!

Latest posts

Back