Natural beekeeping on countryfile

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are cows not fed on neonic contaminated food, so bees drinking from cow pats get contaminated...and then the bees home is covered in neonic contaminated ****.

and all that without touching the outside of the hive.........

Beekeeping for all

Pargyle
Phil - what a balanced viewpoint. I agree entirely. I often tell new bees that there is no 'one' right answer in beekeeping and similarly, there is no one right way to keep bees - we all do something differently - that's the beauty of it for me - using ones knowledge & experience to postulate a plan then re-evaluate and change the plan depending on the variables.

Seems to me you'll make a damn fine beekeeper.

Thanks for that endorsement - there's a few of us 'middle of the roaders' out here but I think, as if often the case in the world, the silent majority of the centre are often drowned out by the noise from the extremities. I firmly believe there is much to learn from all beekeepers who have time served hands-on experience. You can certainly see from past posts from some of those at both end of the 'beekeeping spectrum' (and I've read a great number of them) that they have a mass of knowledge to pass on that will contribute to the development of Newbees such as me - but all this gets lost or polluted when you see the vitriol and bigotry come to the surface. Forums are always going to promote debate and controversy but it's a bit frustrating and demeaning for all concerned when the level of debate drops to irrational and uninformed personal attacks. Who would have believed that a Countryfile five minute off beat piece could generate such emotions ?

It's a great forum though ....

Phil

Latest posts

Back