Natural beekeeping on countryfile

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funniest thing av seen in a while. Would rather look like a toxic waste remover than take a sting near the eye.

The bees are sick... aye right, what a load of piffle.

I was and am so annoyed at this load of tripe, actually that's offensive to tripe a useful product. Just utter rubbish.

Shame on them.

PH

Bet the Tutonic lass wont be treating her bees for varroa... trick or trickle!

Should be reported to Defra ..............................

Utter Utter Stupidity.

At what point did Julia have a Labotomy to even do that, she must have known the risk of getting stung was high, bees hate long hair, bet the make up dept had covered her in make up and perfume before they started shooting that.

I am so not looking forward to work tomorrow and the comments that will be made by bosses and the like. There was me hoping to get bees on site, well wedone countryfile you have just blown it for me.

:hairpull:

Maybe we should complain to the BBC. My view has always been that craven is oi friend of the real countryside and the programme is the tv equivalent of the sun - apart from the fact you can't train your puppy to cr@p on it :rant::rant:

Has the Natural Beekeeper got PL insurance?

I hope the lovely Julia sues the ****** woman.

What was the BBC Health and Safety Advisor thinking, allowing JB to follow a ****** into that environment with no protection. If it looks like a bee and flies like a bee, it probably won't float like butterfly but is more likely to sting like a bee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the lovely Julia sues the ****** woman.

What was the BBC Health and Safety Advisor thinking, allowing JB to follow a ****** into that environment with no protection. If it looks like a bee and flies like a bee, it probably won't float like butterfly but is more likely to sting like a bee.

Edited your post, the person you are talking about is also a member of this forum.

Well, I've just watched it on iplayer. A bit bonkers, but on the positive side they played down the sting without dismissing it totally. No overreaction unlike the (literally) hundreds of people that ring me about bumbles that are about to sting the grandchildren and the dog to death. People generally seem to have a disproportionate fear of bees. Interesting to see in the same episode Adam getting up close to a cow that could have trampled or gored him if it didn't follow the script. Plenty of farmers and walkers get injured or killed by cattle - greater risk than the bees I would say, certainly in terms of consequence.

I wonder if it's legal to sell honey from the cowsh*t hives. Maybe okay if the label says "this honey was produced in a hive that also contained cowsh*t"?

Something that struck me with the so called " new design" was if they hardly ever go into the brood area how do they monitor brood diseases ? as we all know identifying potential problems at an early stage is vital to stop the problem spreading to other colonies in the vicinity ?

I just tried to watch it. It ran as far as the bee getting in her hair and suddenly came up with a problem - please try later. Is this censorship by the beeb, I am wondering?

I will try later. Idiots in my view - the beeb, and the woman who says bees are sick through feeding with honey for the last hundred years (that should have been censored!).

Just some stupid people trying to brainwash the public (and that is not so difficult).

They should be ashamed. Not such a great deal better than accepting the behaviour of Jimmy Saville, supposedly abusing the queues lining up to be fondled (and more) back then. Late seventies groupies, most of them, most likely. Now trying to make a name for themselves? Yes, some were abused but some enjoyed it, no doubt! I am sure it was not an irregular occurence around the disco halls.

Latest posts

Back