Lithuanian Beekeeping company

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Has anyone received an email from a Lithuanian Beekeeping Company today? I haven't given them my email address, nor has my computer been hacked. I am not giving the company name as I deem that as free advertising for them. Just wondering if email addresses are being harvested from beekeeping sites or a beekeeping company is being naughty and passing emails on to a third party. Not sure whether it is a genuine site or not, but totally useless as far as I am concerned.

Nope. I have in the past had similar via facebook links, is your email linked via facebook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unlikely that a beekeeping equipment company would share email addresses with a low cost competitor.
Ask your BKA for their policy on data protection. Ours (Conwy Beekeepers) only shares addresses with WBKA for magazine posting and PLI insurance, BDI for insurance, and the Seasonal Bee Inspector.
Ask your beekeeping equipment suppliers for their policy on data protection.

Last edited:
Unlikely that a beekeeping equipment company would share email addresses with a low cost competitor.
Ask your BKA for their policy on data protection. Ours (Conwy Beekeepers) only shares addresses with WBKA for magazine posting and PLI insurance, BDI for insurance, and the Seasonal Bee Inspector.
Ask your beekeeping equipment suppliers for their policy on data protection.

Agreed regarding data protection, that's why I used the term harvested.

Are you active with a Beekeepers' Association? It's surprising how many private email addresses turn up on association websites - e.g. "contact the Apiary Manager on .... ", etc. - phone numbers too sometimes.

CVB

Are you active with a Beekeepers' Association? It's surprising how many private email addresses turn up on association websites - e.g. "contact the Apiary Manager on .... ", etc. - phone numbers too sometimes.

CVB

Phone number and email addresses are not visible on any websites.

Sounds like you've been phished.

Not likely, I check details of anything suspicious, surprising how they try to hide their details, and some are quite blatant. I don't even click on links in emails, antivirus and firewalls are robust to the point of stealth. All I can think of is that some websites may have been hacked.

I too was puzzled when i received and put straight in trash bin. Like the original poster, i am fairly sure that my email is not out on any website and i avoid like the plague things such as facebook, etc.

A good way round this is to own a domain and to create giveaway email aliases every time you sign up ... [email protected] or whatever. Then, if someone is either hacked or gives away/sells your details you can both find out who the culprit was AND have an easy email address to condemn to the bit bucket in the sky.

Alternatively there's the incomparable mailinator.com ... though many sites don't accept mailinator addresses as they're no 'proof' you actually exist.

Or setup a "throwaway" gmail account and use that for all the crap you don't want in your main mailbox.

Yep.....I also received this.....found in my junk file.....emptied along with the other trash

Latest posts

Back