LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local park smells of nothing but the lime trees, glorious. A few bees on it but not really humid enough at the moment . The ones in my garden need a little longer for the flowers to open

The flowers are now open at the top of one tree. Amazing aroma and bees arriving early this morning. All the other trees are still in bud. Probably a few more days before they really start to open.

Not sure if its lime or blackberry that is the main flow here but drawn and filled a super in a week. I may have honey this year yet.

We have an avenue of small leaf limes (planted some thirty years ago by Dorset Council) about two thirds are flowering. They are being worked by my bees when conditions are right. This year there is too much wind, chilly temperatures and rain for a bumper year. After a poor winter colonies have been rebuilding but while there is plenty of brood the hives are not rammed with bees so little going in to the supers so far - probably being used for feeding . Hopefully next year should be better if the limes come right.

None have really opened in the Scottish Borders. 1st time today it has not rained and been over 15c

Been for a walk in Solihull and whilst many of the large Limes have gibe over there are still a number of Limes flowering. Walked under one tonight covered in Honey bees. With warm and humid weather for the next 4 days fingers crossed the 5th super on my home hive fills; one can dream.

Back