LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
30+
Forgive th cheesy title but on a serious note, as lime is most likely to be my main flow locally I'm interested to see when flowers are opening across the UK. Most trees are covered in buds waiting to go but nothing here in North London as yet. Plenty of pollen going in but unsure what current forage is atm. Perhaps people can share when their Lime begins to buzz!

Ooh and hope everyone enjoys what is going to be a beautiful day :)

Looked today funnily enough, flowers are at big bud stage which means in the next week here depending on sunshine, will let you know when it 'happens' usually my main flow too so am trying to free up some supers, unusually good spring flow has filled them all!
E

Ooh and hope everyone enjoys what is going to be a beautiful day :)
Depends where you live, drizzling since before 7 a.m here.

Noticed plenty of buds on the Lime trees in Whitchurch near Cardiff. Sycamore seems to have been the big hit around here this Spring.

Just starting to flower near Heathrow and next weekend is predicted to be 30*C. Usually get a reasonable crop from the Limes but I understand when they deliver it can be pretty good.

Here in west London a few trees full out, most in large bud. This weekend should bring them on. It's at least 10 days late compared to a normal season.

Mel

Depends where you live, drizzling since before 7 a.m here.

Noticed plenty of buds on the Lime trees in Whitchurch near Cardiff. Sycamore seems to have been the big hit around here this Spring.

Yes sycamore has been a winner here too, nearly every tree was buzzing which is really unusual:winner1st:

Saw first open lime flowers yesterday here in Oxford.

For comparison, in Paris area its been out for 2 weeks but in my corner of Normandy its just about to flower.

The Lime was at it's peak at our place in south Burgundy about 7 days ago....which means that around these parts (south Cheshire) it'll be peaking in around 10 days time (subject to weather).

Sadly, I suspect that it will be contaminated by the never-ending OSR that appears to not want to die just yet!!

Started in the past day or two here.

Blackberries also going strong, so plenty of forage if the weather holds.

Latest posts

Back