Ley-lines and bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you can look at acupuncture or acupressure or aculaser. For hundreds of years it has been used in cultures for diagnosis, pain relief, treatments. Here in the western world....we don't believe in it. We need a scientific explanation. We don't seem to need a scientific explanation to take the pills the doc prescribes...we have an expectation that those pills will do the job....there has been research to back it up...hence we believe even if we haven't read the research...we hope the doc has! There are many treatments in use that have not yet been researched for efficacy but we still use them. Only in recent times has research shown that the acupuncture points really do exist and can be shown to exist. Some Acupuncturists say they can 'feel' the points but not all of them can. You can buy acupuncture point finders and then treat the acupuncture point with electro therapy. So what is it that some people have that allows them to 'feel' the acupuncture points? We don't know...but it still exists. Some of the claims made about the treatment of human disorders using yin and yang, acupuncture points etc are hard to understand or believe. In the future, I would not be the least surprised to find research shows us there is a 'truth' to find. Ley lines are similar in that context. We may not understand or see or feel them but it doesn't mean they don't exist. This is why scientists will spend a lifetime researching to understand our environment because they have an open mind and arnt we lucky that they do. So do we all agree.....you don't have to believe ley lines exist...we are all just waiting for research to catch up with what some lucky people can sense.

Pointing the bone worked with the Australian aborigine , the mind is a powerful organ but can be manipulated !
It won't work on me but subtler forms of persuasion obviously do!
VM
VM w

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know a man that makes a living from dowsing for water, I'm not too sure how it all works but with a 100% success there must be something in it that we are so quick to dismiss

He's an accomplished geologist , the rods being theatrical :)
VM

Actually beekeeping is more or less halfull many kind of fairytales. It is part of this hobby.

if you can't get a reproducible experiment, with sound statistics and operator bias removed. It either doesnt exist or it might as well not exist.

I think I may have said this before in the forum but without searching for an hour I'll say it again. Our old labrador had arthritis of the spine, he had an operation where they removed the arthritic lump and put a screw and a washer in place between the two offending vertebrae ... cost a fortune (he was insured) but 100 % success ... I had to carry the dog into the vet for the op as he could barely walk .. came out, bounced down the step and tried to jump in the back of the car until I stopped him. The Vet said it would return at some point in the future as there were nodes on other vertebrae. Thank goodness for the vets and the science - brilliant - we had two good years from this treatment but eventually the dog showed signs of the condition recurring. Vet said no sense in another operation as the dog was getting on a bit and told us to be ready to have him put to sleep as the condition would only get worse and it quite rapidly did.

We were told by a friend about a homeopathic vet .. Chris Day near Oxford .. she had found he was able to correct a serious skin condition in her Labrador that several conventional vets had been unable to solve. We took our dog along to Chris Day, the dog by this time was not unable to walk but refused to climb steps of any sort and was not as mobile as he had been. Chris recommended Acupuncture (What a load of B...ll..cks I thought). The treatment was done, there and then, Chris inserted about a dozen needles over the dogs body and told us the dog would drop off to sleep for awhile - which he did. When he woke up he was like a new dog .. bouncing around the surgery, no problem with the steps and leapt into the back of the car. We used to take him back for treatment about once a month ... he had some homeopathic 'pills' to assist and he was fine for another 18 months ... finally succumbing to an inoperable tumour.

So ... animals have no pre-conceived ideas of what is going on ... even I was sceptical at first ... but ... seeeing is believing. I have treated all my dogs since then in a very different way to the 'conventional' ways. I haven't discarded science and I'm not shaking my crystals but seeing a demonstration of something that I considered (at the time) half baked and seeing remarkable results - opened my mind to a lot of things that I previously considered snake oil.

There's more out there that we don't know about and don't understand .... I'm not suggesting that everything put forward as 'alternative' is right ... but some of it is.

http://www.alternativevet.org/

If you position your hives next to a warren the easter bunny leaves little chocolate eggs under the roofs too!

40 y ago a farmer wanted to show to me the best hive sites on side of rape field.
He looked the site with Y shaped willow branch. Something earth ray round about out there.
Unfortenately black ants had selected the place too. There were huge ant nests under the hive floors.

if you can't get a reproducible experiment, with sound statistics and operator bias removed. It either doesnt exist or it might as well not exist.

But, to be fair to Mr Harding, the lack of scientific back-up is the fault of those dastardly chemical companies. At least that's what he thinks anyway:

I have approached Universities and Beekeeping Organisations here, in the UK, and abroad, with my hypothesis but due to the infiltration of funding from chemical companies or others, Universities, Scientist, Professors or Scholars are unable to take my hypothesis due to inevitably losing their precious funding and being biased to a chemical, fungi or bacterial answer.

http://www.farmersguardian.com/home...ock-creates-a-buzz-with-new-dvd/42013.article

I think I may have said this before in the forum but without searching for an hour I'll say it again. Our old labrador had arthritis of the spine, he had an operation where they removed the arthritic lump and put a screw and a washer in place between the two offending vertebrae ... cost a fortune (he was insured) but 100 % success ... I had to carry the dog into the vet for the op as he could barely walk .. came out, bounced down the step and tried to jump in the back of the car until I stopped him. The Vet said it would return at some point in the future as there were nodes on other vertebrae. Thank goodness for the vets and the science - brilliant - we had two good years from this treatment but eventually the dog showed signs of the condition recurring. Vet said no sense in another operation as the dog was getting on a bit and told us to be ready to have him put to sleep as the condition would only get worse and it quite rapidly did.

We were told by a friend about a homeopathic vet .. Chris Day near Oxford .. she had found he was able to correct a serious skin condition in her Labrador that several conventional vets had been unable to solve. We took our dog along to Chris Day, the dog by this time was not unable to walk but refused to climb steps of any sort and was not as mobile as he had been. Chris recommended Acupuncture (What a load of B...ll..cks I thought). The treatment was done, there and then, Chris inserted about a dozen needles over the dogs body and told us the dog would drop off to sleep for awhile - which he did. When he woke up he was like a new dog .. bouncing around the surgery, no problem with the steps and leapt into the back of the car. We used to take him back for treatment about once a month ... he had some homeopathic 'pills' to assist and he was fine for another 18 months ... finally succumbing to an inoperable tumour.

So ... animals have no pre-conceived ideas of what is going on ... even I was sceptical at first ... but ... seeeing is believing. I have treated all my dogs since then in a very different way to the 'conventional' ways. I haven't discarded science and I'm not shaking my crystals but seeing a demonstration of something that I considered (at the time) half baked and seeing remarkable results - opened my mind to a lot of things that I previously considered snake oil.

There's more out there that we don't know about and don't understand .... I'm not suggesting that everything put forward as 'alternative' is right ... but some of it is.

http://www.alternativevet.org/
You can turn a baby in the womb with acupuncture.......to get a better presentation for birth. There are so many things that have no explanation ........yet.
And it is stupid to pooh hoo them and insist they are untrue because they can't always be repeated under lab circumstances with a control etc. eventually there will be explanations....just not yet. Ye of little faith......the doctors of today were the witches of yesterday.....the synthetics pills you take today....are fashioned from the herbs and spices of yesteryear.

And it is stupid to pooh hoo them and insist they are untrue because they can't always be repeated under lab circumstances

When people make claims that it's possible to keep non resistant bees without treatment, suggesting that all you need to do is place them on a so called 'ley line' then they should be expected to prove their claims. I've seen people ripped apart on this forum for believing far less controversial things. So, if anyone here follows this nonsense in their own apiaries please describe in detail what the benefits to the colony are but do so in your own words based on personal experience.

they should be expected to prove their claims.

I agree entirely. The purveyors of indiscriminate poisons should prove their wares are wholly safe for humans, other fauna and flora (as well as the environment) before they are used. At least in ths case, with monitoring, there is no harm done.

The proof will be there eventually, or perhaps not. With the nature of bees, I expect there is a log of truth in it, just as tree lines follow ley lines and other naturally occurring statistics. Mostly ignored by those that do not believe there could be a link....

But 'those' people are usually the lovers of poisoning the environment for a little personal gain. Or even just because the purveyors of those poisons have brain-washed them (would not take long for some).

Taken from part II of the link which pargyle directed me to at the start of the thread:

The colonies has tended to supersede rather than swarm. Clearly they are in the right place so why swarm?
This does beg the question “Is swarming induced by man?” being put in the wrong place by man. How long have they been trying to tell us?

Perhaps nothing in itself, but to me it raises a few questions, coming as it does from the pen of a man who has made a living from running 300 colonies.

If a beginner came to this forum and stated that they were not going to have any swarms because of the location of their hive there'd be a few people telling them to 'think'.

I would think, swarming to be essential behaviour of the honeybee regardless of location .
Feral colonies swarm without the intervention of human kind and they choose the location of their hives presumably within the influence of the ley line phenomenon.
Supercedure whilst considered an asset by the beekeeper , wouldn't help the honey bee population in the long run ,as division is their only way of multiplying surely?
VM

Acupuncture's one thing - many people swear by it, and feel the results. It is even available on the NHS in certain places/ circumstances. As to let lines their existence isn't even proven is it? Didn't someone do some research and there were so many ancient sites in Britain and Europe that a line drawn virtually anywhere will intersect with a certain number of ancient sites?

As to let lines their existence isn't even proven is it?-

Not proven? The fact that oil, mining and water exploration employs 'diviners' is more than enough for me, to give it some credence. The fact that some water and gas board personnel are also competent at finding pipelines is another useful pointer? I can find tile field drains running across older well established pastures.

Get off you butt and try it, is my suggestion. It works.

As to their benefits, or otherwise, that is the only thing to be more than just 'demonstrated'. Proven means without any doubt, or very little. Usually by mathematical derivation or a huge amount of practical work. Some things are not yet sorted on the mathematical front. One is ley lines.

12 persons on a jury can not always get it right.

If a beginner came to this forum and stated that they were not going to have any swarms because of the location of their hive there'd be a few people telling them to 'think'.

Swarming is a habit of reproduction of honey bee. It is the main purpose of living creatures. It is not imprtant to where the swarm collect itself. Then it continues its trip to find a new nest. Lots of colonies will be destroyed and no ley line help them.

Do bears use ley lines to find honey? Why not?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back