Ley-lines and bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellifera397

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi Everyone,

I was scrolling through Dave Cushman's site and came across his page on ley-lines which has got me interested in doing a little personal 'see for myself' research. Has anyone got experience with ley-lines and bees on the forum and can you tell me anything about them?

I really haven't a clue, but it sounds very weird and therefore would like to have a go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M

Hi Everyone,

I was scrolling through Dave Cushman's site and came across his page on ley-lines which has got me interested in doing a little personal 'see for myself' research. Has anyone got experience with ley-lines and bees on the forum and can you tell me anything about them?

I really haven't a clue, but it sounds very weird and therefore would like to have a go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M

Make yourself a set of divining rods and try it for yourself.... doesn't do any harm, costs nothing and you might surprise yourself when it works ...

May the force bee with you ...

I remember reding about this thou ive forgotting everything but one thing i can remember, it Caused quite a debate. Some people think your insane to believe in it, others say different.

Roger Patterson is the guru on ley lines, bees and match sticks :)
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roger Patterson is the guru on ley lines, bees and match sticks :)
VM

Now now Victor ... I'm very much with you on Matchsticks and Roger Patterson generally ... but Leylines and Divining ... you have to see it to believe it !

So what believable benefits do bee colonies derive from being on (or off?) these lines?

Try reading Part II of this for a start:

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/natural-disasters/the-honeybee-varroa-vibration-and-ccd/

John Harding (I thought) when I first read his book (Which is dreadfully written and really needs a good editor - when I retire I may offer my services) was completely off the wall. I've seen divining work in the past for finding water but I thought ... for siting beehives ? B...ll..cks.

It works ... or at least it does for me ... and John Harding .... and perhaps a few others who are too fearful of being branded new age, tofu eating, sandal wearing, crystal shaking, tree hugging, hippies. (None of which I am - but I would admit to being a bit on the left side of the fence when it comes to things I have come to believe in).

I'll get me coat ....

..... others who are too fearful of being branded new age, tofu eating, sandal wearing, crystal shaking, tree hugging, hippies. (None of which I am - but I would admit to being a bit on the left side of the fence when it comes to things I have come to believe in).

Come on! Admit it! You love shaking those crystals! ;)

Had a white witch call round for some bees wax , she wanted it to seal and make spells more potent!
Rubbish!!

(I hope she doesn't subscribe to this forum ):)
VM

Certainly did ( told her it was from hives situated on the intersection of two ley lines ensuring double the potency !)
VM

I really want to believe in ley lines but my divining produced none. So either I am carp or there are none.

But my bees thrive..

So make of that what you will..

(Of course if you believe in ley lines, free will does not exit. We are all under the control of the lizards.)
They're coming to take me away...

Two years in a row ,a swarm has entered a ladies house about half a mile from me, stayed under her bathroom floor for 2 days ,then absconded and settled in an empty hive in my apiary .
I'm not in anyway suggesting ley lines , just curious , her house is 30 ft higher , the void under her bathroom exceeds 40 litres.
She keeps saying that she'll get the entrance hole blocked but doesn't seem to get around to it . :)
VM

It works ... or at least it does for me ... and John Harding .... and perhaps a few others who are too fearful of being branded new age, tofu eating, sandal wearing, crystal shaking, tree hugging, hippies. (None of which I am - but I would admit to being a bit on the left side of the fence when it comes to things I have come to believe in).

Works for me too - my best 'varroa-proof' colony sits on the intersection of two ley lines, in spite of my scepticism. Luckily I read John Harding's book just as I was setting out so was able to site my hives where he suggested.
Learnt to dowse as a bored teenager when we'd try almost anything for entertainment, and picked up countless skills from each other in the long summer holidays. Luckily we were bright enough to realise that TV was crap and find alternatives handed down through generations that have stood the test of time. (I know what comments to expect but we were reasonably well-behaved kids!)

I have neighbouring beek that starterd to use top bars and whose apiary is on the side of a large granite hill. On his first year they made a 90 degree turn across the bars with the comb. He was fascinated by this and turned his hive in the other direction and they went 90 degrees the other way, in the end he aligned the frames and direction. I have asked does he get any more yield v's Nationals or better bees but no was the answer.

Had a white witch call round for some bees wax , she wanted it to seal and make spells more potent!
Rubbish!!

(I hope she doesn't subscribe to this forum ):)
VM

Being the superstitious mid aged duffer I am I'd have given her some for free in return for a few free wishes !

May your cauldron bubble nicely and may you never run out of newts

Two years in a row ,a swarm has entered a ladies house about half a mile from me, stayed under her bathroom floor for 2 days ,then absconded and settled in an empty hive in my apiary .
I'm not in anyway suggesting ley lines , just curious , her house is 30 ft higher , the void under her bathroom exceeds 40 litres.
She keeps saying that she'll get the entrance hole blocked but doesn't seem to get around to it . :)
VM

I read that as you offered to block her entrance hole up. I must get my eyes tested.

And it did make me laugh. A bit.....:judge:

Certainly did ( told her it was from hives situated on the intersection of two ley lines ensuring double the potency !)
VM

:icon_204-2:

I am of course sceptical, but I fancy giving it a go. I'll tell you all if i'm a convert or not. I doubt i'll find a feral colony though :)

M

We've been here before: checkout
http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18244

The problem I think we're faced with are those with an elementary knowledge who are perhaps a little too quick to dismiss or even ridicule a phenomenon which doesn't fit comfortably into their limited understanding of the world around them. For example - you'll see at the end of that thread that one person makes a distinction between wood and metal - yet anyone who has worked with static electricity knows full well that wood is a good conductor of same - hence the reason trees often get zapped by lightning after sending static 'leaders' up into the sky.

But wood cannot handle large currents, which is why it disintegrates when struck by lightning - and why thick copper strips are used as lightning conductors.

But as sensors of tiny magnitudes of force, there is no prima facie reason why wood and metal are not equivalent.

LJ

Wood is a conductor due to the sap in the tree..And big currents boil the sap, the steam cannot escape and blows the wood apart..

Back