Couldn't Believe It!!!!!!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Some of you will recall the phone call re bees in the turret of converted house into a block of 6 flats not far from my parish last week?

The lady, very nice and very charming convinced me to come over and take a look. We agreed I would turn up earlier today. We met as planned and I was establishing where in the turret roof the bees had their entrance when out came a neighbour.

Without any introductions, the questioning started immediately:

Who are you?
Where are you from?
What experience do you have?

The very nice lady tried by interjecting "This gentleman has come to help, I asked him to help"

The other lady didn't break her stride one bit.....

By this time nice lady had left and nasty lady was banging on about, "I've done lots of research!!" Who do you work for" on and on so much so that I could feel the physiological and chemical change happening that told me I needed to extract myself otherwise I might have said something my Grandfather wouldn't have been happy with.

With nasty lady In full rant I said over her; Madam! i've answered the call for help from your very nice neighbour I'm here free of charge and giving up my time to try and help. Good day madam!

I left her shouting at me she was only establishing my credentials.........

I called nice lady when I got home and she apologised profusely for her neighbours' behaviour.

From what I can gather, I was the latest in a long line of beeks over the past couple of years who had been approached to remove them. No exploratory work has been undertaken but the bee's look like they are between the roof tiles [old sandstone tiles] and the plaster board in the turret and it looks like its going to cost a lot to remove them. Personally, with a client like that, I'd feel sorry for the unsuspecting beek who is mug enough to do the cut out! I certainly won't be setting foot on the place any time soon.

When it comes down to it, they simply do not want to pay someone the going rate for the job and hope some unsuspecting beek will remove the bees and rebuild the roof and inside of the turret FOC. What they don't realise is nasty lady looks the type to litigate if the rebuild is not done to her sky high standards. This is the first time I've been subjected to this type of aggression and rudeness! If anyone in Nth Wilts wants to identify where the property is to avoid the "bear trap" PM me.

Some of you will recall the phone call re bees in the turret of converted house into a block of 6 flats not far from my parish last week?

The lady, very nice and very charming convinced me to come over and take a look. We agreed I would turn up earlier today. We met as planned and I was establishing where in the turret roof the bees had their entrance when out came a neighbour.

Without any introductions, the questioning started immediately:

Who are you?
Where are you from?
What experience do you have?

The very nice lady tried by interjecting "This gentleman has come to help, I asked him to help"

The other lady didn't break her stride one bit.....

By this time nice lady had left and nasty lady was banging on about, "I've done lots of research!!" Who do you work for" on and on so much so that I could feel the physiological and chemical change happening that told me I needed to extract myself otherwise I might have said something my Grandfather wouldn't have been happy with.

With nasty lady In full rant I said over her; Madam! i've answered the call for help from your very nice neighbour I'm here free of charge and giving up my time to try and help. Good day madam!

I left her shouting at me she was only establishing my credentials.........

I called nice lady when I got home and she apologised profusely for her neighbours' behaviour.

From what I can gather, I was the latest in a long line of beeks over the past couple of years who had been approached to remove them. No exploratory work has been undertaken but the bee's look like they are between the roof tiles [old sandstone tiles] and the plaster board in the turret and it looks like its going to cost a lot to remove them. Personally, with a client like that, I'd feel sorry for the unsuspecting beek who is mug enough to do the cut out! I certainly won't be setting foot on the place any time soon.

When it comes down to it, they simply do not want to pay someone the going rate for the job and hope some unsuspecting beek will remove the bees and rebuild the roof and inside of the turret FOC. What they don't realise is nasty lady looks the type to litigate if the rebuild is not done to her sky high standards. This is the first time I've been subjected to this type of aggression and rudeness! If anyone in Nth Wilts wants to identify where the property is to avoid the "bear trap" PM me.
I admire your patience. And your reticence.
If I was subjected to a tirade like that, I would be extremely polite but cutting and tell the old bat what I thought of her attitude. And probably# end with "No wonder the country is going to the dogs when it allows people like you to live in it".

And then run away...

# unless I could be ruder.

I was sorely tempted to go "weapons free" but a last minute thought that, this would say more about me, ultimately kept the safety catch on

could feel the physiological and chemical change happening that told me I needed to extract myself otherwise I might have said something my Grandfather wouldn't have been happy with.
My grandfagther would probably have egged you on whilst giving a few suggestions for choice phrases 😁

Latest posts

Back