Jars for hand cream

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BT Beekeeper

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 on double brood boxes
Does anyone know of a good source of cosmetic jars for hand creams and the like. Making polishes and hand cream is a new venture for me so any general information would be very welcome. Recipes are plentiful, in this forum and elsewhere on the net, but I am finding the packaging and marketing side is harder to unravel.

I am considering a 50ml double walled plastic screw-top type jar for hand cream. Is this a suitable size? Is there a reliable source for these at a sensible price? And labels? Then, what is the going rate for such a product?

Any ideas/information would be very welcome.

I just got some polish tins from WJ, but I am also looking for some small jars or tins for lip balm. Going to make some for the other half, but would like to make up a batch.

double walled

Please explain. I am thinking a single walled vessel would be more than adequate for hand cream.

Is this a suitable size?

Only if it is an appropriate size for the amount of contents. (err, like no good for 100ml of product)

what is the going rate for such a product?

Quality, materials and size can make a large difference. Also the number you intend to purchase and whether they are a generic, or bespoke, product.

I think you need a marketing advisor; most on here use 454g jars, I would think, but quite a lot are moving to 340g. Both seem like good sizes but the aspect ratio would need to be different with a jar for hand cream.

Many thanks for all the tips. Ebay link very useful.

I am aiming for a quality product in posh packaging so double walled plastic jars are more what I have in mind.
http://www.quinessence.com/products/50ml_double_wall_white_plastic_jar-31.htm have these but at a price. I will search on the ebay link.

I have found a website for labels http://www.myownlabels.com/ an American company, loads of choice of colours, shapes and sizes, and design-your-own. Has anyone any experience of them or similar UK companies?

Thanks again.

more information on selling you have to list by law all the ingeredirnts by NCI names (Scientific)
all products have be safety assessed by a lab and you need a safety assesment certificate, under EU cosmetic directives this is a cosmetic safety assessment
you will also need to purchase public liability insurance this is protect yourself if the product harms the buyer in any way, eg alllergy etc
not quite simple is it ?

I did not know about EU cosmetic directives so just as well I asked the question. Thanks for the advice. Not worth the hassle to comply with the regs for the small amount I was considering.

its a complicated business selling products elf n safety and all the other rules and regs, grrr!! why not make a batch for your own use anyway

I use a lot of hand cream and I never see any in double walled containers, facial moisturisers yes but not hand cream. It needs to have a mouth big enough to get at least 3 fingers in IMHO. Can I be the first to try/buy some. I love hand cream.

Latest posts

Back