Ambrosia vs sugar syrup

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spotted her in a local deli tucking into a brownie and ice cream.....perhaps it was sugar-free?

:icon_204-2:

My sister who is an oncologist says the same - that there's no evidence that refined sugar causes cancer. On top of that, she had stage 3 cancer. Thankfully, she's cured and cancer-free for 2 years now. She seems to enjoy all of her desserts, probably more so now that she feels alive!

On the other hand, my sis-in-law had stage 4 cancer and I still don't know how she's alive. She's one of those "sugar feeds cancer" people. I guess people believe what they believe, as long as it keeps their minds at ease...

What is the chemical make-up of Ambrosia anyway? (I suspect that it is a mixture of sugars).

If I recall correctly the total percentage of sugars is 71% (give or take a few %) the rest being water so it has a higher sugar content than home made 2:1 sugar water, of the sugars it contains it's about 30 or 40% invert sugars and 60% bog standard sugar.
So the dozy woman is feeding her bees ordinary sugar anyway.
No difference between cane and beet sugar, it was protectionist propaganda with no basis in truth spread by Tate and Lyle before and after the war to discourage people from buying beet sugar

I use Invert.
I'm often hanging around to see if the balsam does anything (it never seems to :( ) so feeding is late. Invert goes down well later in the year and doesn't seem to go off if the bees don't cap it. I can't be bothered making gallons of syrup.

Regarding the sugar and cancer theory........I have a neighbour who seems to be in remission from prostate cancer after surgery and placement of radioactive seeds. He has another neighbour (apart from me, that is) who is some sort of naturopath/homeopath/horsepoopath.
On her advice he is on some sort of really proscriptive diet and is clearly very miserable on it. This diet excludes ALL sugar as she shares the theory that refined sugar causes and exacerbates cancer. I have tried to simplify a description of the Krebs Cycle for him but he is adamant that his dietary self scourging is keeping him alive. Who am I to argue further? I spotted her in a local deli tucking into a brownie and ice cream.....perhaps it was sugar-free?

You do have a high frequency of sandal wearing soap dodging tofu knitters down your way though haven't you :D

Well HM you have more colonies than I have so you would be able to conduct a far more scientific experiment eh?

PH

Latest posts

Back