Jar label's

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup

Got some last year, cannot fault them, and they peel off and can be used again if needed.
And the little sticker explaining about "Granulated Honey" has helped sales as people dont turn their nose up when the honey starts to granulate, it informs them that what they are getting is pure and the best proof of its quality.

I was a little concerned over the initial outlay, but if you are just a hobbyist like me they will last for years and years.

I buy my labels from http://www.honeyjarlabels.co.uk/
I cannot fault them. Plus they will print each label with individual lot numbers so you can keep you're batches to as low as one jar.
Steve.

Last edited:
I cannot fault them. Plus they will print each label with individual lot numbers so you can keep you're batches to as low as one jar.
Steve.

I am not sure they are all fully compliant from this site. One shows a clear picture of what I think is 'Grape Hyacinth'. My understanding of the regs is that you cannot display a picture of a specific type of flower unless the contents in the jar is mainly from that source. Others show OSR.

These are the labels I did myself just using powerpoint. Obviously My address is not XXXX just blanked out so you weird-o’s don’t come stalking me! (LOL)

This gave me a chuckle as us weirdo beekeepers have better things to do than stalk you and anyhow the people on this forum are your comrades in arms. You sell to the general public now they must see your address and if you upset one of them by calling them weirdos next you have silence of the lambs in your kitchen...ha ha. Must dash off to sharpen my knifes.....:willy_nilly:

I do not realy sell my honey, just either give it away to freinds/family.

. You sell to the general public :

Dont sell it, give it away FREE to freinds and family. But still no reason why I should not take some pride in my work and use a nice label.

. This gave me a chuckle as us weirdo beekeepers have better things to do than stalk you and anyhow the people on this forum are your comrades in arms:

It is not so much the people of this forum But there are some weird peopl on it:willy_nilly: you know how you are:toetap05::iagree::reddevil: Only joking you are all Great) , but the gooles and Asks jeeves that search will track you down.

Hence why I also work behind a clocked proxy IP address!!!

People need to remeber this before listing personal data on any web page!

Does anyone have any home-made templates that could be posted up here so all comrades in arms with at least a 'smidge' of IT common sense can have a play around?

Just a thought!

Does anyone have any home-made templates that could be posted up here so all comrades in arms with at least a 'smidge' of IT common sense can have a play around?

Just a thought!

If anyone thinks mine is of the slightest of use, they can pm me and I will email it to them, can not upload it.

If anyone thinks mine is of the slightest of use, they can pm me and I will email it to them, can not upload it.

Likewise, photoshop uses layers and layer masking to build up the elements you require, not uploadable in a passive 2D format

Just a thought!

This is my standard label. I use it with the gold skep design tamperproof labels from a well known supplier. Ahem.

Please note,unbelievers, that the quality is considerably degraded due to conversion to jpg format.

Original is done with MS publisher.

I use labelHeaven, www.labelheaven.co.uk. Much better range of sizes than say Avery / Staples etc and good print definition. Price can be restrictive if you are just buying the one pack though because of postage - about £5, that said worth it I think because you can get the exact size you want for your particular chosen jar. Dont know about residues on jar though, been lucky and not had to pull any off!

Polyhive, worth checking out home lazers next time you are thinking of upgrading. £120 gets you a fine graphic quality colour lazer with an 800 x 1224 resolution (thats top end inkjet resolution) I chose a Brother and much cheaper than ink jet per sheet. No good for top end photo-printing but then you can always keep your photo inkjet for that purpose (I have, though with digi photoframes I dont even do that now!)

Is the coloured toner expensive to replace?

Hi,
I have just found a chap called Roger Huson who will do honey labels at very reasonable prices and you can have your own design if you should so desire.He trades as 'QHP' . They are priced at £18.20/1000 & £10.20/ 500 and properly heat treated/ laser printed ( or whatever to make them colour fast)

His website ( although I'm not sure the link works) is;
www.qhp.me.uk
and email is; [email protected]

He is also incredibly quick to post them out to you.
He does also trade on ebay. If you look up honey labels, he has tamper evident and ordinary honey labels listed on there but they are slightly more on there.

Hope that helps
Gill

4 toners required about £65 each for a 2200 (5% pages) black and 1400 coloured

Steve.

:iagree: I`ve just had some labels from them and they`re really good quality.

I spoke to a bloke called Phil and he was very helpful and the labels were with me within 48 hrs.

Darren.

I used p.s.design & print ltd.
Very prompt company- most helpful and custom made labels, and jar sealers -

I'm struggling to find someone to print my own design of labels which includes a photo of the apiary location and the retailers logo. Do any of label suppliers do this?
If not, I can print on a Laser printer, but are water proof labels available for laser printers?

A & B design from honey jar labels would fall foul of trading standards unless the honey really did come from those flowers. If you show a flower on the label the honey must have come from it. No problem with the OSR label though!

I'm struggling to find someone to print my own design of labels which includes a photo of the apiary location and the retailers logo. Do any of label suppliers do this?
If not, I can print on a Laser printer, but are water proof labels available for laser printers?

Mine are on 'faced' lazer labels (source earlier in the thread), created in photoshop and home printed on a Brother colour lazer jet. Got one wet at the weekend (on an old pot and used as a paint pot, wiped clean using water, passed that test! Probably not emersion proof though!

For what its worth, heres mine - created using MS Publisher on labels bought from eBay (propack solutions, 20 pages of 12 for about £3 including pp).

Luckily able to use work thermal wax printer which gives a good finish, but own inkjet will do for grateful friends and family

"best before?" - as edible honey was found dating from the time of the pyramids, are you marking them "best before 6510"?

Latest posts

Back