Is using the ignore function good for the soul, discuss.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense when there is a face to face inter-relationship between the two people.

On a forum, it takes two to argue and I might as well do what I can to prevent them bullying me.

At least I'm not the only one they bully.

Makes sense when there is a face to face inter-relationship between the two people.

On a forum, it takes two to argue and I might as well do what I can to prevent them bullying me.

At least I'm not the only one they bully.

It would still come under the category cyber bullying.

It would still come under the category cyber bullying.

Sorry?

If that is the case why is there an ignore function on forums?

Sorry won't play the turn the other cheek game.

I was bullied at school and learned very quickly that bullies only recognise one thing and as I can't smack these pathetic oiks in the mouth, my only defence is to ignore them.

And I will.

Seems to me you don't need an ignore button. If you see a poster that you want to ignore just use your judgement and pass over that particular poster. Nature provided a brain for us to make these decisions. It's one of its functions. Although not having one myself, I do stuggle sometimes.:)

I think it's a bit like seeing a picture of Cyril Smith with his arm around a youngsters shoulders.

Once you,ve seen it you can never unsee it.

I prefer predator fishing as a winter past time now the bees are are settled. Beats trolling anyway.

The best plan would be for everyone to put him on ignore. Then peace from the troll for everyone.

The best plan would be for everyone to put him on ignore. Then peace from the troll for everyone.

Beat me to it RAB - just provocative tripe he's spouting - about as much use to this forum as one of the trolls who has just been banned. Time he joined them from my perspective.

I value everyone's input, the ignore button is not something I would use, life is too short.

I have a few on ignore after making a judgement call over a few of tgheir posts as to whether any of their content has any value to me whatsoever, sometimes this annoys me as I cannot see their posts in a thread dominated by them but mostly when they get quoted and I see what they're posting I feel smugly self satisfied that my decision was vindicated.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to skim over or place me on ignore, go for it! its cathartic!

Without having to fiddle around pressing ignore buttons and possibly missing something of interest, I find the ability to scan for 0.2 sec each post and move my eyes and attention down to the next if it seems of no interest quite effective.

That said there is a particular poster on another forum whos very name causes by blood to boil, not good for an overweight old bloke, so perhaps there are occasions when an ignore button is wise.

The banned person is now whingeing on biobees - if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Back