Is this OK?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyhook

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Inspected today. Pleased to see that since the honey flow restarted a fortnight ago they have taken a lot of the stores back upstairs- I was going to ask them to do this today, but theyre back down from lots of stores to about 2 frames + pollen, lots of capped brood, some uncapped, some eggs, and lots of polished cells.

Anyway, I noticed this feature in the corner of one brood frame- not sure if it's just a blob of wax or something more ominous.

3258 shows one side of the frame, when I had investigated and then pushed it back together.

3260 shows it pulled open.

3259 shows the back of the frame.

Thanks people

Tim

Nothing to worry about.....just propolis,some bee's just love to glue everything to everything.....some often use it to reduce the size of the hive entrance by forming curtains and small arches of propolis,or any other openings they dislike.

Last edited:
Thanks Hivemaker- I can breath again. Never seen propolis in a big blob, or in cells. I didn't think it was sunken cappings, but....:hurray:

That top picture looks as if they have caught something in the Hive
Killed it and covered it in propolis

Maybe not though

That top picture looks as if they have caught something in the Hive
Killed it and covered

I thought that too at first glance, thats the biggest store of Propolis i have seen in my small beekeeping life.

Slug? could be from the shape.

Latest posts

Back