INSTANT VAP

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian123

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
So I brought 1 a month or so ago and have to say it’s brilliant. Super fast ultra convenient and very easy to use. The whole unit feels very solid and well put together, about 2 days after I got it I actually dropped the vap on the garage floor nozzle first, didn’t even bend😂
I picked up the silicone nozzle and cleaning caps at the show and it appeared Duncan was very busy…. I’ve not met him before fyi!
I did suggest to Duncan I thought it a little heavy on the battery life but he suggested operating it as described in the video below.
All in it’s a brilliant bit of kit imo, whilst the review below focuses on winter use and suggests packing it up for the summer. I think there’s plenty of options for all season use, swarms/nucs 1 shot for anything broodless! Also not a bad idea for cell raisers or drone raising colonies.

So I brought 1 a month or so ago and have to say it’s brilliant. Super fast ultra convenient and very easy to use. The whole unit feels very solid and well put together, about 2 days after I got it I actually dropped the vap on the garage floor nozzle first, didn’t even bend😂
I picked up the silicone nozzle and cleaning caps at the show and it appeared Duncan was very busy…. I’ve not met him before fyi!
I did suggest to Duncan I thought it a little heavy on the battery life but he suggested operating it as described in the video below.
All in it’s a brilliant bit of kit imo, whilst the review below focuses on winter use and suggests packing it up for the summer. I think there’s plenty of options for all season use, swarms/nucs 1 shot for anything broodless! Also not a bad idea for cell raisers or drone raising colonies.

I’d be interested to know how you get on using it throughout the season Ian, I had a look at the show shame they couldn’t demonstrate it as it would of sold more maybe?
On another note I only met two people from the forum at the show on Saturday.
Looked for emyr and dani but they must of been hiding 🙈

I’d be interested to know how you get on using it throughout the season Ian, I had a look at the show shame they couldn’t demonstrate it as it would of sold more maybe?
It was great to meet you Mark. the show as a whole was excellent.

Double….

Last edited:
I spoke to a guy briefly who had a couple of young boys with him. They parked next to me in the car park whilst we waited for opening time?

When I spoke to Janos, he explained there is no need to wait for 230 before the next vape. It dips to around 215 and steadily begins to rise, at 222 the charge is sublimated and it's ready to go again, this was also covered in the instructions. The process takes roughly 23 seconds.
The battery power indicator gives a reading for life left in the battery, once it gets to 15v, change the battery. 1AH used to heat to operating temps, a 4AH breezed through thirty hives with the voltage still above 17 when finished. Make sure batteries are fully charged before use, which is obvious but he has already made improvements, including an auto cut out should the battery reach critical level.

I kept an eye out for a man trailing two little children. Alas none were you.
I failed to find him too. Was hoping to see yourself and JBM to thank you for the ongoing help. But I had no idea what either of you looked like, so was like me searching for a queen in my hives :rolleyes:

I failed to find him too. Was hoping to see yourself and JBM to thank you for the ongoing help. But I had no idea what either of you looked like, so was like me searching for a queen in my hives :rolleyes:
next time I'll put a card with my name in my hatband!

I kept an eye out for a man trailing two little children. Alas none were you.
It was great to meet you Mark. the show as a whole was excellent.
next time I'll put a card with my name in my hatband!
Dani it was a bit like that we didn’t get there untill 12 , the children were entering into a colouring competition for almost an hour .
That’s were I met rob @Loxley I hope your girls had a good day.
I bet @jenkinsbrynmair was sat on the nice leather comfy chairs over you know where.

Hopefully the show gets expanded to the other room maybe some honey showing etc?

I spoke to a guy briefly who had a couple of young boys with him. They parked next to me in the car park whilst we waited for opening time?
You were there early then , we didn’t get there untill 12 .
Maybe exchange numbers next time.

I’ve already used it Mark and as I said above it’s great, I do think it’s heavy on the batteries though and Daboss says the same. But that really is scratching for a negative. I’ll ensure next time I dig through my pile of batteries for some new ones and keeping count!!..In all respects I think it’s a great bit of kit and pleased with the purchase!-

You can come over anytime use ours.

You’ve got a video at the top of the thread that’s why I posted it.
It’s accurate and not tarted up for consumption imo.

Back