How often do you drink?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you drink

• At least 1 Daily

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • A drink or two weekly

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • A drink or a few a month.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Socially and on holidays.

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Who doesn't? Drinking alone is boring.

But you've provided a choice of ONLY socially or on holiday. WHO does that?

If you do, it would suggest you don't really like drinking, so why do it at all?

That is my point.

I see you're a Van Morrison fan. He didn't think drinking alone was boring...

Last edited:
But you've provided a choice of ONLY socially or on holiday. WHO does that?

If you do, it would suggest you don't really like drinking, so why do it at all?

That is my point.

I see you're a Van Morrison fan. He didn't think drinking alone was boring...

As I said I probably have 3-4 drinks in a years time, but the stuff I like to drink is top shelf stuff. The beers I like are $3.00 a bottle in the store, $8.00 a pint at the bar. The whiskey I like is $60.00 for 750 mls and is aged 18 years, single barrel. Put cheap alcohol in my cabinet it will never get drank.

It is the same with cigars. I may have 1-2 a year, but what I have is high dollar and usually imported illegally. Other than that I don't smoke.

I like tupelo honey too ;)

I have finer taste buds than the average guy.... if I were a millionaire I would probably be a drunk... But I can't afford to drink regularly.

We may have solved CCD. Beekeepers like to drink more then I would have thought.. Perhaps those guys just forgot those hives were empty:icon_204-2:

After I semi retired, I realised I was having the odd can with my lunch and perhaps a snifter before the evening meal - more like the weekend routine.

So, being as it was nearly Lent, I just stopped for the whole 6 weeks.

Now I just don't bother Monday to Thursday - and surprisingly, find I drink less at weekends.

But I now go for quality, not quantity.

Dusty

It is the same with cigars

SMOKING!? Another change of topic! A ridiculously unsocial affair! Apparently spoils your sense of taste and smell, makes you smell and is unhealthy in the extreme.

Dinner tonight

bear ribs, baked beans and beer.

Fantastic!

SMOKING!? Another change of topic! A ridiculously unsocial affair! Apparently spoils your sense of taste and smell, makes you smell and is unhealthy in the extreme.

As an ex smoker I would agree. I'm much more sensitive to the smell of ciggies.
Strangely though I quite like the smell of a nice mellow pipe tobacco :)

unhealthy in the extreme.
My mother occluded her carotids entirely this way and was given a couple of years.....a huge wake up call for me.... But survived somehow for another 25 years maybe due to her heroic consumption of every health fad in The Daily Mail !!

Last edited:

I smoke a pipe (and the odd King Edward cigar outside) and I always think that nothing could be more offensive to a non smoker than a pipe, but oddly enough people usually say they dont mind pipe smoke, often because their dad or grandad smoked one and they like the smell.

I can smell cigarettes smoke and used to select non smoking area when flying before thay banned smoking in planes.

It now seems hard to believe that you could light up anywhere you wanted to..

Last edited:
:cheers2:
American's don't drink beer at room temperature. This one is frozen hence the lumpy appearance.

Think you'll find, Americans don't know what "Beer" is! :toetap05:
Weak, over-effervescent lagers (Labatts Ice, Malt 45, Budwiser etc), in pitchers or bottles, perhaps?

Pints, of Real Ale?

Not a chance!

Incidentally,
Yes,
When "strangers" walk into our village pub it goes quiet and everyone looks round. :grouphug:

Strangely, people from "outside" only have 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand!
Its strange I know, but a clear and easy give away!

Think you'll find, Americans don't know what "Beer" is! :toetap05:
Weak, over-effervescent lagers (Labatts Ice...

Labatts is Canadian. You can't get it in most areas of the USA except along the northern border.

The mass-brews are loosing market share to Micro and craft brews at an astounding rate.

Some of my Favorate's: Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Long Trail Double Bag, Magic hat No 9.Trout River Oatmeal Stout, Woodchuck cider.

Latest posts

Back