How often do you drink?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you drink

• At least 1 Daily

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • A drink or two weekly

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • A drink or a few a month.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Socially and on holidays.

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

sugarbush

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
0-30 at any given time
Just for kicks and giggles. A poll about alcohol consumption among beekeepers.

I like a good beer from time to time and will have a glass of good Bourbon on the rocks on holidays. I might have 3-4 alcoholic beverages per year. If I buy a 6 pack it usually goes stale before I finish it.

Can't really join the survey as the options are a bit restrictive.

We often have a bottle (or part) of wine with a meal, but it does not mean at least one daily, as having a drink most certainly does not rule our lives. I certainly don't make wine just to give it away!

I didn't think of seasonal drinkers... It didn't occur to me.

In Healthcare in the USA we are mandated to assess alcohol consumption on anybody being admitted to the hospital... You would be surprised by how many people can have a blood ETOH level in the 300s, but they tell you they gave up drinking years ago.

As a rule we consider anybody who drinks at east one a day high risk for detox and they get put on a benzo and monitored closely. In the old days we just put them on alcohol drips and kept them intoxicated while hospitalized, but the guberment muttled that all up.

none of those seem to apply to me, i have a few drinks most Fridays with the lads in the club (When I was at sea I'd be more or less dry for a fortnight) and the occasional blowout on special occasions (like when we, or somone else stuffs the English at rugby).
Doesn't really work in comparison with the U.S. either as our beer has a proper amount of alcohol in :D

Doesn't really work in comparison with the U.S. either as our beer has a proper amount of alcohol in :D

hey hey now!! What do you consider a proper amount? I can show you some fine American brews into the 8% range which is a might higher then that mud you all ship here called Guinness
:sifone:

I do love a proper ale maybe a couple of times a week. Husband and I have a three day break away once a month trying to stay at an inn to sample new beers and good local food :)
A glass of red goes down well too :)
A good single malt goes down nicely now and again but that's a real treat.

Good news for British beer
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/sep/13/number-uk-breweries

Last edited:
Daily, but when I cant be bothered I can go months without a drink.

I drink water every day as often as needed , but depends on what time day it is determines on what additives I have with it , stronger the better

Latest posts

Back