Can You Tame Your Beast? How You Can Effectively Control Your Tongue in 10 Easy Steps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a riddle for you personally: throughout the reputation humankind, folks have had the ability to tame wolves, chimpanzees, tigers, lions, dolphins, killer whales, seals, and cobras. But there's one thing--one really small thing--each people obtain that we haven't had the ability to tame. Do you know what it is?

Should you guess, "the tongue," you're absolutely correct.
How frequently perhaps you have regretted saying something the instant you said it? How many times have your words hurt a friend or a relative without you intending to? How frequently perhaps you have said "yes" whenever you wanted to say "no"?
How come controlling this small beast, our tongue, so difficult?
To begin with, talking will not take much effort. Talking is very an easy action to accomplish. It doesn't take much energy to create our words. It does not need much mental faculties to work our tongue and lips into speech. Because of its simplicity, speaking can be achieved speedily and absent-mindedly. For this reason a lot of us can even talk aloud while we're sleeping. Not talking takes more effort than talking!
Sometimes, we're feeling obligated to express a certain something. Are you inquired on how a dress-up costume or hairdo looks? Have you ever said, "It looks great," when you think otherwise?
Occasionally, we're saying something whenever we usually do not have any idea. For example, once we get intoxicated after heavy drinking, we may say something completely using this world. In these instances, we let outside factors control our tongues.
How can you turn this control around, to help you be in control of report your tongue? Below are some ideas to help you tame your tongue.
1. First, get your heart right. Study this verse: "The good man out from the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth whatever is good; as well as the evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth that which is evil: for from the abundance with the heart his mouth speaketh." (Luke 6:45, ASV)
Your words reflect your heart--your inner being condition. If you're a happy-go-lucky person, your words will probably be soothing and pleasing to other people's ear; what you are saying can make others who are around you happy. A high level miserable person, what will come out of orally are complaints, "poor me" statements, pulling on the spirits of these who are around you.
If you want to speak delightful, edifying words, ensure that your inner condition is clean first. Getting your heart right with God is the better approach to tidy up your spirit, for Jehovah is totally, 100% holy. Conforming to His holiness will certainly improve your inner nature, and as a result, what you are saying. Talk about to develop the fruit of the Holy Spirit inside you: real love, peace, joy, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance (self-control).
2. Avoid confrontational situations. Once you feel a discussion will develop into a quarrel, change the subject. When you're in an argument, leave the room. Relax first, and come back to the discussion later when you have a clearer mind. This will help avoid saying rash words that could hurt someone's feelings, or worse, wind up hurting someone physically--or getting hurt yourself. Obviously, if you wish to confront someone about a important matter, state the important points minus the unnecessary remarks.
3. Avoid products that may lead you to speak absent-mindedly. This includes heavy drinking alcohol and illegal drugs.
4. Think before you speak. Before you decide to talk, think about:
Is exactly what I'm planning to say necessary?
Can it be the reality?
How can this think on myself?
How will this help others?
Am i going to truly mean what I'm planning to say?
Can i say this in front of little kids?
5. Most significantly, stay away from "God" or God's name useless. How would you feel if someone else used your company name as an element of purposeless interjection or crude expletive? When we speak unmindfully of God and His name, we have been showing great disrespect to our very Life-Giver. You wouldn't be here if Jehovah hadn't created humans. So would it be appropriate to express "God bless you" whenever someone sneezes, "Oh, my God!" being an interjection, and "God d*** it"? Is how you can thank Him for giving you your lifetime? There are numerous different ways you should use God's name in vain, including building a false oath in the name, doing something bad and saying that God allow you to take action, blaming Him for our troubles, etc.

If you are using God's name disrespectfully, without reverence, you would actually be breaking among the Ten Commandments: "Thou shalt not take the naming of Jehovah thy God in vain; for Jehovah will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name useless." (Exodus 20:7)
6. Always speak words...
*That build people up spiritually
*That are fantastic and peaceful
*That teaches lessons
*That will be the truths
*That glorify Jehovah and Jesus
7. Separate yourself from those whose tongue speak rumors, slanderous and filthy words. Often enough, the associations we elect may influence us positively or negatively, so it's always smart to choose your pals carefully. Selecting the best association includes picking out the various forms of entertainment wisely. If certain activity or media, like books and films, condone bad speech or behavior, stay away from them. The best book to pick out which will guarantee positive influence is the Bible.
8. Filter everything you hear or see. It really is impossible to know or read pleasant, good words constantly. Therefore, it is critical to not allow bad words you hear or read affect you. I cringe whenever I hear a curse word. I recently mentally dispose of it, and ensure it will not affect me, i won't be influenced to mirror it.
9. In the event you said or did something wrong, apologize and mean it. Yes, saying "I'm sorry" is hard--but only hard when you make it hard!
10. Finally, ask Jehovah to help you tame your tongue. No, by our self-effort, we're really helpless against our tongue. Only when we let God assist us will we have complete control over our tongue.
Why is it crucial that you speak good words? It's important because...
1. Our words determine our destiny. For example, we're saying, "I do," during marriage ceremony. The two small words determine whom we'll spend with throughout our everyday life.
2. Our words can trap us and lead us to undesirable circumstances. When kids experience peer pressure, they may be forced into saying, "Okay, why don't you?" to trying drugs and smoke.
3. Are words are example for other people to follow. Much like everything we do, how you speak and what we're saying could be examples after which others can model. Do you want your children or grandchild talk the way you do? If not, you must change the way you talk first, so that you can set the example you would like them to adhere to. Remember, function as person you would like others to become!
4. Especially, we'll be judged about what we're saying. When Judgment Day comes, each of us must be accountable for what bad things we've ever said. To avert being judged for bad words we're saying, we have to not speak them to begin with, starting now!
In order to yield right words, get a heart right, at this time. "For there is no good tree that bringeth forth corrupt fruit; nor again a corrupt tree that bringeth forth good fruit. For each tree is known by its own fruit. For of thorns guys do not gather figs, nor of the bramble bush gather they grapes." (Luke 6:43-44)

Latest posts

Back