Hope Posh don't get stung !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a flow hive. “David hopes to make his own honey”. My bees make mine. Best of luck!

There are two boxes there. The one at the rear is a Langstroth and he’s putting his frames in that.
The one in front of that is empty at present.
It’s a Flow super.

What a surprise!

Looks like a flow hive. “David hopes to make his own honey”. My bees make mine. Best of luck!

He will be lucky! It always makes me laugh when people say this.

It’s not so much them getting bee, if it comes down to it they can afford to pay someone to look after them. The issue is as celebrities every moron who is sucked in by celebrity lifestyle will be rushing out to get bees. There will be loads of hives in unsuitable places (back yards, etc) they won’t be properly looked after, swarms galore causing a nuisance, people getting stung everywhere. Then all beekeepers will be tarred with the same brush.
On a positive note in 3-4 years the 2nd hand bee equipment market should be flooded with bargains

He may need a mentor. Any willing beeks in the Cotswolds? Prince Charles and sister Anne are nearby too with plenty of land for out apiaries.
Seriously though, good luck to the bloke with his new hobby. I hope it goes well for him

Last edited:
I hope he does meet beekeepers who'll encourage him to learn more about bees and not attempt a quick route to honey. I think he could surprise us all and become a real enthusiast. It happened to us, after all! I didn't plan on this!!

Latest posts

Back