"Wasp" found in imported vehicle

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Watched a YouTube video earlier of this guy renovating a neglected Ferrari (I can dream). He released a 'wasp' from one of the lights. Car had been imported from Japan.

I added a comment with a link to the BBKA AH page suggesting that anyone importing vehicles from abroad should not just release insects. We can't keep these things at bay on our own. I hope the threat is know by the camping and caravanning folks, on their forums, FB pages, etc. I have friends who regularly go cycling, canoeing and walking on the continent. Might try getting them to put something on their FB page, they have waaay more Friends than me!

. . . . Ben

Watched a YouTube video earlier of this guy renovating a neglected Ferrari (I can dream). He released a 'wasp' from one of the lights. Car had been imported from Japan.

I added a comment with a link to the BBKA AH page suggesting that anyone importing vehicles from abroad should not just release insects. We can't keep these things at bay on our own. I hope the threat is know by the camping and caravanning folks, on their forums, FB pages, etc. I have friends who regularly go cycling, canoeing and walking on the continent. Might try getting them to put something on their FB page, they have waaay more Friends than me!

. . . . Ben
Good idea Ben.

Back