grammer question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something there to do with knowing your unnie ions Shonto.

We may have too much time on our hands, but does that make it like sand, that slips away through the fingers all too easy. :party:

I always thought that emmets was Cornish for tourists (what comes out in numbers, goes red and blotchy and is a pain in the ****...), the equivalent of Devons grockles?

I live in Sussex... emmets.. never heard of them. and isnt it 'are emmets'- have to join in....is singular, are plural...
Now I will go and get a life.... somewhere warm. Brrrr

WEST OR EAST

definitely in Rudgewick... pronounced Ruggeik and in Pallinurst, emmets wos locals terminology for ants..................

Then it wos col nuf fer two par braces buoy!!!

The IOM has/had 3 groups:-

Comeovers - Tourists

Broughtovers - Skilled persons imported to do a specific job

When-wes - Rich retired tax haven seekers whose sole conversation always began with " When we were in Indiah/Kenyah Etc."

Grist of bees..... something to do with old saxon grinding of teeth
"
best collective nown listed must be a "dose of crabs"

not Cancer pugaris me thinks!!!

Last edited:
Grist tv.
Have a hug..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRiyZiIG5aY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Something there to do with knowing your unnie ions Shonto.

We may have too much time on our hands, but does that make it like sand, that slips away through the fingers all too easy. :party:

Had an officer by the surname Onions when in the RAF. The lads used to ring him up (he was engineering officer)with questions and always referred to him as 'onions' , he used to explain at length that his name was pronounced On'I'ons,
he never did cotton on that we were pulling his leg and must have spent most of his day repeating corrections :rofl:

John Wilkinson

I knew somebody who's name was Flicker.
When written in capitals, the LI looks like a U,,,

Bit like the TV prog "Keeping up Appearances" and Mrs Bucket ( pronounced bouquet by the lady of the house)!!

I knew somebody who's name was Flicker.
When written in capitals, the LI looks like a U,,,

The same thing happens to Mr Eastwood's first name...

I once worked with an F.Hough :gnorsi:

John Wilkinson

Worked on an accommodation barge, and on one shift were Messers....

Poodle, Bark and Woof.

I am serious.

PH

Many years ago I went to school with a Martin Boots. I am not sure how true it is, but I was told some years ago that he had completed his university degree and was studying for a PHd, which if succesful would make him a Doctor.

Latest posts

Back