grammer question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... and grammer is actually spelled grammar!

Spelt-Er, isn't that a base metal? :hat:

John Wilkinson

Apparently both spelt and spelled in the spelling sense can be used here in the UK (US is different). They are alternative spellings. Which is probably enough about spelling - for a spell.

so I was right calling them sheep in both sences.

so what was the other person's thoughts on what they should be called?

Why do we go in a car but on everything else?

I remember reading a book many years ago . . . "The detective stopped, turned and lighted his cigarette". Correct, but seemingly either archaic or something. I could have sworn it was wrong, but not so. "The detective stopped, turned and lit his cigarette" was what I expected, also correct.

The we wonder how people become confused with our language.

I remember reading a book many years ago . . . "The detective stopped, turned and lighted his cigarette". Correct, but seemingly either archaic or something. I could have sworn it was wrong, but not so. "The detective stopped, turned and lit his cigarette" was what I expected, also correct.

The we wonder how people become confused with our language.

Yes, I think lit was reserved for lamps and such like.

Has Beeks, entered the Oxford English Dictionary yet..... yes folks or should that be fellow beeks, we have invented a new word!!!!

and
ants is emmets in Sussex
wasps is jaspers.......
in these parts of deepet darkest Devon......... bees makes unnie!
got any local diatectual alternatives?

you guys have too much time on your hands. :0)

Last edited:
Has Beeks, entered the Oxford English Dictionary yet..... yes folks or should that be fellow beeks, we have invented a new word!!!!

and
ants is emmets in Sussex
wasps is jaspers.......
in these parts of deepet darkest Devon......... bees makes unnie!
got any local diatectual alternatives?

I live in Sussex... emmets.. never heard of them. and isnt it 'are emmets'- have to join in....is singular, are plural...
Now I will go and get a life.... somewhere warm. Brrrr

Latest posts

Back