Frozen Planet - Wow!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vergilius

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
6ish
Just watching it on iplayer at the moment; admittedly not bee-related but incredible shots of artic wildlife/landscape - definitely worth watching if you have not seen it...

Ben P

Watched it last night and pondered it all today.

Frontman 86. Looked it up born in 1926.

Four years in the making. Cost?

So what is the value for us the payers?

Ice formations are pretty. Well we knew that. Killer whales swamp seals to get to them, we knew that too from Scotts observations.

I seriously wonder at the value of this epic.

PH

Hey I don't mind my TV license money being wasted on this beautiful educational wonderful epic.

As I sit here on my mac being forced to listen to the boring dumb retarded sh*t that is television today.(I refuse to watch most of the crap on TV that my wife watches) .

greater than EAST ENDERS any day.... plus BBC will sell it to every nation on the planet plus the video plus the books plus the cuddly toys.....................

greater than EAST ENDERS any day....

That is not much of a compliment. Absolutley anything was better than eastenders. Programmes like that were part of the reason for dumping the telly in the skip.

Ice formations are pretty. Well we knew that. Killer whales swamp seals to get to them, we knew that too from Scotts observations.

PH

The frontman is the man who started the BBC on making high class epic documentaries. not worthynot worthynot worthy

There's knowing that killer whales catch seals, and watching it as though you were there.

I would be happy if the BBC dropped the hours of dross they put out to fill the long hours, and spent it on a few more good programmes. Then it can go back to the test card and we can all get off our sofas and do something.

greater than EAST ENDERS any day....

That is not much of a compliment. Absolutley anything was better than eastenders. Programmes like that were part of the reason for dumping the telly in the skip.

I don't know how you could survive...

PH

DVD sales? Methinks no coincidence its coming out just before the festive season,:xmas-smiley-016:

Great program, as all the predecessors have been

I have wanted to be David Attenborough since seeing Zoo Quest in black and white on the tele as a child. I still do....I met him once and the man is my hero not worthy

We need the dross of soaps and reality TV to keep the masses subdued and to pay for quality tele.........
;);););)

. . . Programmes like that were part of the reason for dumping the telly in the skip.

The fact that the transmitter was switched off may have been quite a significant part too . . . <? rhetorical>

Skyhook said:
I would be happy if the BBC dropped the hours of dross they put out to fill the long hours, and spent it on a few more good programmes. Then it can go back to the test card and we can all get off our sofas and do something.

I recognise the problem all too well. I'll just take in this movie and then go out and do some work . . . oh drat the light has gone, rain has started. Great worker, poor starter . . . :)

Latest posts

Back