Fat free soya flour source UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Without getting into arguments for or against the use of pollen substitute in general, or soya flour in particular, can anyone recommend a UK source for a couple of kg of fat free soya flour?

TVM

In our country one company offer " PROTEIN SH" for bee feed ( defat soya flour). The name of company is IREKS, I searched IREKS site ( IREKS U.K. Ltd.) for the UK - but they have no sale of it in UK - odd..
Long time ago we were using it for fondants, but we weren't noticing difference with or without and stopped using it.

This on Amazon says it's 1g per 100g fat;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-Gluten-Friendly-NON-GMO-Kosher/dp/B0C64VBRX6/ref=sr_1_36?
Or if you want bulk, then;

https://bakerite.co.uk/product-range/soya-flour-low-fat/
but they only supply the trade so you'd need to be a (as they put it 'registered' ) company.

It seems to be popular with the keto / vegan / paleo dieters so there's quite a bit on Amazon, although not all is fat free, or 'defatted' as it seems to be called.
Thanks, I might give that a go

If you MUST go down this route, which I would strongly discourage, the following is the only option worth consideration.

HP300 from Hamlet Protein, unfortunately I'd be very surprised if you can find just a couple of kg for sale.

Without getting into arguments for or against the use of pollen substitute in general, or soya flour in particular, can anyone recommend a UK source for a couple of kg of fat free soya flour?

TVM

Bees do not eate soya flour, if you do not mix 20% natural pollen into soya. Pollen must be AFB free.

Fat in soya is better than fat free.

Soya is best left out of formulations all together, even though many claim to use it without issues that they can determine. This ignores the effects of the antinutrional factors associated and subclinical effects of innappropriate feeds.

Soya is best left out of formulations all together, even though many claim to use it without issues that they can determine. This ignores the effects of the antinutrional factors associated and subclinical effects of innappropriate feeds.
I'm trying to learn more about this topic and can't find much in the way of studies. Can you point me at some sources? TVM

I'm trying to learn more about this topic and can't find much in the way of studies. Can you point me at some sources? TVM
Sorry, pressed send too soon. I have found studies that show both little effect and positive effect, but none with the dire warnings you give. Looking for peer reviewed studies that show negative consequences

I have used 20 years soya flour and dry yeast to substitute the aminoacids of pollen. Irradiated pollen is very expencive. Soya and yeast are about 10% compared to pollen.

Latest posts

Back