Extractor motor rpm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Veg wanted a means of motorising his existing extractor for a cost in the region of £30 - £100, preferably say £50 and simple to attach.

So far I think the mixer drill is the best option.

Some of the issues raised in the discussion necessarily require consideration of very technical matters, but I hope they have been useful and instructive to illustrate some of the problems which might lead to unexplained failure and a waste of resources for those whose expertise is limited in this area.

Thornes don't charge £300 quid for nothing, - they've come across this problem before !

:)

Last edited:
I know nothing about plaster mixers, we used to just use an electric drill with a home made mixer attachment.

So does the control allow you to set a particular speed and then let go, or do we still need to have a controller to enable 'handsfree' use?

Yours Roy

Has anyone mentioned using a ceiling fan/light motor yet?

soft start

if they use the same type as my router you set the speed required, switch on and it ramps up up the speed slowly to your selected speed. it avoids the snatch you get with a motor suddenly turning at a high RPM.

Gingernut,

If I have understood your question correctly you can press buttons and knobs etc so that they run at a set speed on their own, without your 'finger on the trigger'.

They are still designed to be supported in the hand but you could make a support to hold them instead, whilst you go and do something else.

U-clip exhaust clamps, or strong cable ties might be useful with metal or plywood brackets ?

Whaddyawant for £30 ??? ;)

Last edited:
Has anyone mentioned using a ceiling fan/light motor yet?

Hedgerow Pete did, but I've not tried one ...... I wonder whether it has enough welly really ?

Have you tried one ?

the easy way is a simple light dimmer switch and a motor either a fan of some sort but the main issues are connecting it mechanicaly and controlling it, easy if your jcbrum but to non electrical or electronics difficult, so i went the kids scooter way it cost me ten quid to buy with its controler and motor, i have looked into getting a friend to make up a box of witch craft and wizardry in which i would have say four buttons each one like a washing machine is a set programe and runs with varible speeds and times durring the proccess but i have to wait till the next full moon and he wants a chicken to sacrafice as well

Ha Ha, I must admit to having a scrap electric scooter in the shed just in case as well Pete, ;)

I wonder if I'll ever get around to mounting it up ...... probably not :)

JC.

Hey Pete, how about modding a Kenwood food mixer ??

the idea of the kenwood is a very good one jc absolutly spot on

It's a good idea in theory...........the practical downside side being Kenwoods always eventually burn out their motors so any second hand ones you are likely to get won't have much life left in it unless you deal with the kna****ed motor, and new ones are hellish expensive.

Not that I know anything about it a'course, but I'm not showing my ass again.............

Frisbee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back