Extractor motor rpm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But replacement motors in reasonable nick often go for £20.

Yes I expect they do. I kneel before your superior knowledge of electric motors :svengo: just telling you my long standing Kenwood experience.

701 although older would be better as they had more variable control on the switch than the replacement 901. I wouldn't know what the modern ones are like.

Frisbee

Kneeling before me, is you're best idea yet ;)

I think this calls for a smilie............

Shall I pick :-
drooling-5.gif

or:-
:ack2:

Frisbee

ha ha, either is fine with me :) ..................... on the video re-run ;)

It's the speed controllers that usually burn out, rather than the motor itself, but a repair kit is cheap.

I missed this one earlier.....must've crossed posts.............It's the same difference really when you're standing in front of the repair man who has had your broken machine sitting on his shelf for 3 months and he's sucking air through a broken tooth and saying "ya can't get the parts and it's really not worth repairing.............." and you really wish he would just say "P**s off I don't want your kind in here........." because it would be more helpful.

I just wonder if either Kenwood motors or speed controllers for that matter are up to the job...........:)

Frisbee

Hmmm, a lot of the time it's abuse by women that wears them out .........

......... I know how they feel :)

p.s. the mixers I mean, not the repair men, although probably that too ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm, a lot of the time it's abuse by women that wears them out .........

Well since the main users of domestic Kenwoods would be female surely they should make them robust enough to stand the abuse.................

Mine never like the wheat mill, but I can't really say I overworked it, but still it burnt out. And I would think turning an extractor would run the motor for much longer at a time.

When I was in a catering situation and using Kenwood Majors they were forever being repaired.............

Hobarts.............now there's a more robust machine..........

Frisbee

Personally I'm thinking about converting a washing machine. The main problem I can see is the price for the stainless steel for the barrel and finding somebody to roll it. A cheaper alternative is plastic but that poses problems of wear where the bearing is mounted. As I've said before I can't see why the cage has to rotate inside the barrel, why not have the frame rigid and place the barrel in a cradle so that the whole barrel rotates? Between loading/unloading frames the honey valve could be opened to drain off some honey.

Well since the main users of domestic Kenwoods would be female surely they should make them robust enough to stand the abuse.................

Mine never like the wheat mill, but I can't really say I overworked it, but still it burnt out. And I would think turning an extractor would run the motor for much longer at a time.

When I was in a catering situation and using Kenwood Majors they were forever being repaired.............

Frisbee

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, ........................

.......... I reckon they all died of earache ! :(

Who's Ken, and what have you been doing with his wood?

The Kenwood Manufacturing Co. Ltd. was founded by Kenneth Maynard Wood as the Dickson & Wood company in 1936 selling, installing and repairing radios and televisions. The company is famous for the food processor Kenwood Chef which was launched in 1950. The guy was at one time a Radio Technician in the RAF I believe.

Just read most of this thread, did any one actually make a working motor for the extractor if so what did you use and how did you connect it, what was the cost.
The converters mentioned in the thread are now over 300 quid.
Pictures of the finished conversion would be good.

thanks

Back