cut comb honey price.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglongdarren

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
i have a good few supers filled with manley frames and cut comb honey, going to try and sell it by the pound weight,been asking around and £10/11 pound a pound is what i am thinking of asking.
whats the peoples thoughts on this?
thanks Darren

i have a good few supers filled with manley frames and cut comb honey, going to try and sell it by the pound weight,been asking around and £10/11 pound a pound is what i am thinking of asking.
thanks Darren

There's the following costs to consider, Darren:

1) the honey
2) the foundation
3) and even if no foundation, the lost wax (and time bees will need to make more)
4) processing time
5) packaging which is probably dearer than jars as you won't do the same volume.

For all these reasons cut comb should be priced at a a premium and £10/£11 a pound seems very fair to me.

I reckon your spot on at that, we sell the 225gm packs at £5.50 each or 2 for £10.

C B

I've been trying out the new crystal cut comb containers from Fawns, big improvement on the old ones. Honey looks great in them, and should sell well.

thanks Darren

Depends on the market. Tried selling cut comb a few years ago but poor take-up. Folk asked 'What d'you do with it? D'you eat the wax?:hairpull:

tell them to spread it on hot toast so it all melts together speaking of which im just going to have some yummy

You should be getting around £1 an ounce for your pristine cut comb presented in the right manner.
At that price it makes sense of all the hard work and expense on your hives during the year.
Think about it and do the sums!!!

I've been trying out the new crystal cut comb containers from Fawns, big improvement on the old ones. Honey looks great in them, and should sell well.

I got some at Christmas for this year and can't be as bad as the old ones.

Latest posts

Back