Anyone sell frames of honey?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Been asked if I will sell frames of honey.
Happy to, but wondering what the price to ask.
Anyone doing this?

I got asked a few years ago by somebody wanting a frame of honey. I worked on 2lbs of honey in the frame at £8 a lbs then the cost of frame and wax sheet. I said £25 never heard back from them. Nowadays I would £35 to £40, some people will pay it i tried a 4oz comb of honey comb in my 12oz jars of honey and charged £2 more than I charge for a jars of just honey and they flew out the door.

Nowadays ... £35 to £40
£35-90!

It's a niche product and to sell you must do your homework: hotels & restaurants will buy (though will probably pay 40% less than retail) and put it on a stand for guests to cut.

The awkward part of this journey is to get it to the table without damage to the comb in transit. honeyframepackaging.co.uk will sell a stand and box for £10.45 for one, to £7.20 for twenty, delivered.

The frame is 44mm wide and the top bar sits in a rebate; the stand lug sits on a recess in the box. The box is sturdy but the printed product description and pictures of bees on it are not to my liking.

A few years ago I asked Tim whether he would sell me frames + unprinted boxes, but he declined. This was disappointing, and I thought a missed opportunity to increase his market to those who want to use their own branding.

£35-90!

It's a niche product and to sell you must do your homework: hotels & restaurants will buy (though will probably pay 40% less than retail) and put it on a stand for guests to cut.
I wouldn't dream of selling one for less than £50

I got asked a few years ago by somebody wanting a frame of honey. I worked on 2lbs of honey in the frame at £8 a lbs then the cost of frame and wax sheet. I said £25 never heard back from them. Nowadays I would £35 to £40, some people will pay it i tried a 4oz comb of honey comb in my 12oz jars of honey and charged £2 more than I charge for a jars of just honey and they flew out the door.
If the frame only had 2lb of honey you must have very small frames!

I have 11 SN4 frames in my honey supers and will generally get between 20 and 25lbs of honey per super, so approximately 2lb per frame.
It was only a rough calculation as the buyer wanted a price there and then

Last edited:
I'd put it through the freezer first, a couple of wax moth larvae hiding between the bottom bars could wreck it!
Do you wrap it in cling film or similar before putting in the freezer? Would it cause condensation on the comb. Ne er done this before. Thanks

Mine are put into one of those frame packaging boxes then wrapped in clingfilm. Defrosted with clingfilm intact which is then removed

Latest posts

Back