Buyer beware

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were alive and well when you got them and left and then they died
YOU KILLED THEM not a problem with the supplier
YOUR THE KILLER OF QUEENS

If you didn't leave them in a closed car in the sun - then someone else did. This is typical sun exposure damage.

i think i have replied to everyone that mailed me, if i have missed anyone please get in touch.

mike

I wouldn't keep queens in the car in the sun. That kills them. Even in the foot well it can get too hot and dry.

I do sometimes keep them in my pants in their cages. - which some might think is disgusting, but I've never had any die in there!

Lincs bees
Have you rang your Local Royal Mail sorting office or Parcel force depot in case they tried to deliver and you was out ?????

I can't be doing with all these accusations.
They were travelled out of the sun and then into the hives.
If any of you wish to invent situations, bearing in mind you were not there, then so be it

But you left them in the car in the sun.

Wrapped in a dampened copy of the Financial Times would have been better... in a temperature & RH controlled travelling box better.....
I would not even wrap my chips in the SUN !

hope you did not pay £300 each for them!

hi eric. we live in a very small, rural community and know our postman personally. i have queens arriving during the last two weeks in april, so someone is always at hand to receive them.

mike

and now the supplier is threatening me with legal action. amazing how i am now the bad guy.

and now the supplier is threatening me with legal action. amazing how i am now the bad guy.

To the errant supplier:

"When you're already in a deep hole, reputation-wise (deserved or otherwise), 'tis best to stop digging ..."

LJ

If you are are sure you have the facts right, and you have just stated those facts, let him threaten. You could even put his threats here. You cannot be found guilty of telling the truth.

Check EU distance selling regualtions - these cover your transaction as bees are not an exempt transaction. The easy way to get a refund would of course be if you had paid by credit card and not yet paid the bill. Under section 75 of the consumer credit act you normally have 120 days.

It seems to me that you may have problems with both of the above due the amount of time taken between payment and shipping. The moral probably is not to accept such onerous terms with a new, untested supplier. Thanks for sharing your story.

there are few facts, the supplier says he sent them, they didn't arrive.

i ran a company for a number of years in a relatively niche market, for such a small order i would have sorted this soo fast. it takes a long time to build a reputation that can be lost very quickly.

If the supplier had a receipt of some sort from the carrier, then he could justify blaming the carrier. There's no mention of that fact in this thread. Carriers usually offer some insurance - even though it's often of a nominal value.

This thread ends here, obviously a postal problem, this forum is not a place to sort out personal disputes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back